Gutted!! No Fibre optics on my Concert III

mpc

Reaction score
I have just received the bad news that the Concert III fitted in my 2009 A4 Avant S-Line has no fibre optic cables to allow fitting of the AMI system in the glove box. I had an installer out today to fit the AMI wiring loom and there wasn't the optics there as he was expecting. he placed a few calls around but no joy. I was hoping to be able to plug my iPod into the stereo for full integration. Pretty gutted. Don't really want a parrott or the like as I hate having stuff stuck on the dash.

Last edited:
Didn't he check which system was fitted, there are 2 ami systems, 1 is MOST & other is CAN, I have a CAN version here with loom available to fit if interested.

Didn't he check which system was fitted, there are 2 ami systems, 1 is MOST & other is CAN, I have a CAN version here with loom available to fit if interested.

The guy fitting took the chasis number for the car and bought the loom based on that info?
Will the version you have fully integrate with the stereo and all track/artist info appear in the display and in the dash display?

Can you PM me the price for this piece of kit and will it def work on my system & integrate properly.
Also please will you PM me your contact number so I can discuss with you.
Thanks
Michael

In fact there are 3 AMI systems, 2x CAN bus and 1x MOST.

8P0 for A3/TT/R8/A4/A6 fitted with RNS-E PU

8T0 for A4/A5/Q5 with concert III

4E0 for A6/A8/Q7/A4/A5 with MMI 2G high MOST

But as NHN says, he really should have known. How he got it wrong based on the chassis number I don't know.

Reactions: NHN
I just meant 2 for the B8 chassis mate :)