EM TuningChris Nott
    VAG Addict

Status

The spacers thread

This always seems to be a hot topic on a lot of forums so I thought I'd share my recent experience for the benefit of anyone else thinking about this and perhaps over time others will also add their specs for reference.

Anyway, I've added 15mm rear and 10mm spacers to the front. This gives me an effective offset of ET35 front and ET30 rear with a 8.5x19 rim.

Here's a few pics of the finished article...

with spacers:

before spacers (ET45 all round):
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    that's some wicked stance

Neutral

Status
    Where did you get your wheels from and are they any good ? ive read alot of horror storys regarding the quality of reps

VAG Addict

Status
    I'm afraid I bought these second hand off eBay so have no idea what make they are. They're pretty good though - although one wheel is showing quite a bit of corrosion now and the other 3 aren't a long way behind. We've had them for about 4 years though and they've seen plenty of miles so I can't complain!

Planning a refurb at some point over the summer or maybe a change of wheel all together. The only draw back with these rims is the center caps are too small to use genuine BBS items so I will have to get creative if I do go the refurb route...
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

VAG Addict

Status
    Gave her a wash last night and wax today so thought I'd grab some more pics - which help show the effect of the spacers somewhat hence a small update...