Dimming DRLs when Indicating

Tay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of assistance with the coding to make the DRLs dim when indicating on a 2008 S Line. I'm going to have a go at sorting this tomorrow for my mate and all I can find info on is the "wink" feature which appears to turns the DRL off completely when indicating.

I'm guessing if this can be done, can the brightness of the DRLs be controlled so they dim by say 50%?

Any help with this would be very appreciated!

Reactions: jamin128
I done mine with VCD now they don't dim when indicate & yes you can increase the brightness

Could somebody possible send me there standard long coding for central electrics module? Need to try and get to the bottom of this, the car does not has LED wink active but they turn off when indicating :s

I done mine with VCD now they don't dim when indicate & yes you can increase the brightness

Do they go off at all if they dont dim? If not this could prove do be dangerous as the bright LED mask the orange of the indicator. This is the purpose of them dimming.

New MOT rules will cover this at some point.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Anyone now where to enable dimming and increase brightness on VCDS?

Hi Guys,

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but seems appropriate to post here :)

I have a 2010 A6 S-Line Quattro with the adaptive Xenon's and LED DRL strip within the headlights. They do not dim or switch off on indicate (Factory standard on the Le Mans?)

I have VCDS (newbie user so be gentle!)

Could someone give me a line by line step on how to code to force the DRL's to dim on indicate?

Should add that Ive not been able to find a "wink" option within the hidden MMI 3G menu structure...

Much appreciated.

John.

I hope the following helps, these are for B8 platform cars, but will probably work for the C6 A6 platform too - worth a try.

Disable LED 'wink' on turn signal
[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 3
Bit 2 - LEDs remain at full brightness with parking lights (1 = active)
Bit 7 - Turn off LED-strip DRLs with indicators (1 = active)

Adjust LED brightness
[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Security Access - 16] (enter security code shown by VCDS)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 3
Set between 5 and 100

Not my info, shamelessly stolen from this thread.