which used car warranty??

supasayer

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just signed up to this site. And also just bought myself a used Audi, a 2008 1.8T Audi A4, petrol. Traded in my 2003 2 litre model.

Nice, bit of a harder ride than i am used to.

I didn't buy the dealers used car warranty and am trying to decipher which company to buy a warranty with. there seems to be lots of stories of companies not honouring their customers, or at least not without battle on the customers part.

So, help please?

Any guidance on who are worth buying from and how to get value for money,

Nice one,

supasayer

Hi and Welcome Supasayer.
Did you buy the Car from an Audi Main Dealer ? If so you will have one years Warranty on the Car. Then after a year you can purchase Warranty from somewhere.

Hiya,

No I bought it from elsewhere. Hence looking for an appropriate warranty that isn't going to leave me wondering why I even bothered at the point of making a necessary claim.

Any advice is much appreciated,

peace

Its an insurance policy, not a warranty.

Insurance companies make a profit...... at the expense of the majority of policy holders.

Best getting an indy for regular maintenance instead of warranty (or maintaining it yourself).

I had warranty from Auto Protect when I got my car, just had nearly £400 worth of work done at Audi main dealer under it.

Put a few quid away every month. Use it as an emergency fund if you need any unexpected work. If your first year is trouble-free then you should have a nice sum in there.

thanks for all the responses and advice. i too am dubious about the benefit of giving these companies my money. love the idea JPM, may very well do that. thanks