2013 A4 aftermarket intake options

audi_nyc

Reaction score
GF leased an A4. Fun car when I pop the auto tranny into sport mode as well as the drivetrain. (stability control, yet when I turn it off, it says Sport on my dash). With it being a lease, we don't want to mod it too much... especially her. But w/ it being a turbo, an aftermarket intake would help push more air into that turbo, no? Also, would it help gas mileage? Because that is how I will be selling the idea to the girlfriend.

Thing is, it'll be going into the dealership for regular servicings. They can't use an intake to void any warranty, right? It has to be more extreme like a drive train mod or suspension mod, right?

So, will it help a bit in the performance department by at least waking up that turbo a little? Will it help gas mileage, as that will be the selling point to the woman. And warranty trouble's? I don't see that being an issue. Thoughts?

If all sounds well, what recommendations on an intake whether it be Cold Air or non-CAI do you guys recommend? And how complicated is it on these german cars? First Audi here... (and hooked for life).

First of all, if it's like my car, you can hold down the reaction control and it will turn it off rather than sport mode. Still has some stability elements active that you can't turn of but you know what I mean...

For the intake, I think that a panel filter would be a good performance/warranty compromise to be honest?