Window tinting on a lease

audi_nyc

Reaction score
I just leased a base model A4 which I absolutely love. It'll be the first of many.

Anyway, on a lease, if I pay to have the windows tinted, will I have to tear the tint off when turning it in at the end of the lease? Will I be penalized? My GF and I plan on leasing another Audi, an upgraded model, when this lease is up.

So long as it's a good professional job and the tints are pretty OEM I doubt they'd even notice.

I would go for it anyway. Worse case scenario, tint is not actually that hard to remove. A few years back I had a car with tinted windows (professionally done) and I knew it would be easier to sell it without the tint.

I used Loctite cleaner spray on the windows after I peeled the tint off. You would never have known it was tinted!

but with a lease car your on there insurance ?
so you need to tell them so they can inform the insurance
its a mod and could void the insurance if you have an accident.

Hi , I know this is an old thread, but I have also just leased an A4 and the only thing I want to do with it is tint the windows, but a little bit cautious of doing so in case of any comebacks ,

Can I ask if you did tint your car , and if returned by now was there any feedback from the lease company ? Cheers

Hi, its a PCH, (Contract hire) 3 year, hand it back, thanks. John.

It's not your car to modify at the end of the day!

Ah ok, I have a PCP and I can essentially do anything I want to the car within reason. Not sure what you can do with PCH.

It's not your car to modify at the end of the day!
Yeah I known, :( that's why I was asking if any of the forum members have experience on doing this,
Also does anyone know how easy it is to remove the film ( before the car is to go back )
thanks

Ah ok, I have a PCP and I can essentially do anything I want to the car within reason. Not sure what you can do with PCH.

Your not really allowed to do much unfortunately. But I dont know if the film was to be removed if it left visible marks etc...

Yeah I known, :( that's why I was asking if any of the forum members have experience on doing this,
Also does anyone know how easy it is to remove the film ( before the car is to go back )
thanks

I personally wouldn't take the risk!

I
I personally wouldn't take the risk!
I think I am agreeing with you now as no one has experience in doing it , removing it and handing back the car,

I think I will leave it then, thanks for all the comments, cheers