Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: bulb upgrades

Reverse Gear

Status

bulb upgrades

Hey guys. Just leased my first audi so I don't want to go crazy with modding it since I plan to turn it back in. Anyway, it's basically a 2013 base A4 with a few minor factory upgrades, if you even want to call them that... upgraded dark grey paint which I love. Upgraded/more rugged mats in car and both. Dual heated seats (might have not even been an upgrade). It's basically a base model A4.

Regardless, I didn't want to fork over the extra money for the upgraded lighting package (even though they look awesome). I did, however, noticed my rear license plate has some kind of light (LED?) that is more a blueish or at least a true white light unlike my basic (halogen?) headlights that you see on any honda or toyota.

Are there any bulbs I could swap out that would give a similar shade of lightning without looking ricey? I don't want to go with any of the xenon or HID kits as that would be too costly and time consuming to revert back before turning it in on lease in 3 years.

So, school me on bulbs and tell what kind of bulbs I am looking for.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have used Sportzblue by Ring 80w......they give off a really bright white light with a very "slight" bluish tinge, fitted into dipped, mainbeams and fogs.

It may be you thing, it may not.........

Definitive how to for Led's interior / exterior

LED DRL's

Hope it helps in some way
    MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys

MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE
    176bhp Stratos Blue, badged as 3.0 Tdi Quattro.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,Sline grille badge added, 19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's,First Aid Kit,Bootliner,Mudflaps front & rear,Calipers & hubs painted

Reverse Gear

Status
    Are these direct bulb replacements? Or is there some modification involved? I am looking for just a direct bulb replacement to give a slightly better look. Of course, I know a bulb replacement will never even come close to the upgraded lighting package from Audi.

Reverse Gear

Status
    And I guess w/ the slight blue tint, lighting will actually be slightly reduced? Or is that where the increased wattage comes into play? 80 over the typical 55w I am seeing on the popular bulbs like Sylvania and Osrams?

Neutral

Status
    The blue tint bulbs will lower output, but the 80w rings will more than make up for it.
    I have used these in the past and while I found them good to start of with after 6 months or so of being on a lot ( over winter ) I found the output to of dropped off a fair bit.
    Still on par with standard bulbs but not as good as they started out.
    Always stick with branded bulbs too, don't get the cheap rubbish on ebay they won't last or work well.
    Phillip's are very good, as are the osram's.
    I use these guys a lot to get bulbs from Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Wiper blades, headlamp bulbs, Xenon Bulbs: Autobulbs Direct Ltd
    2008 A4 2.0 tfsi s line - garnet red, 75% exterior detailed, 75% LED conversion.