finally

davsa4

Reaction score
well the weather broke long enough over the weekend to eventually get round to dechroming the window surrounds on my car

IMG_2580_zpsd11ffad4.jpg

IMG_2584_zpsfce872a4.jpg

Reactions: Mcdubber1
Im thinking of doing it on my B7, what vinyl did you use and how hard was it? Are the chromes removable?

Cheers

hi didnt use vinyl , used plastidip ,think the trims can be removed but would not like to try it ,did mine in situ just masked everything up .

dav

hi didnt use vinyl , used plastidip ,think the trims can be removed but would not like to try it ,did mine in situ just masked everything up .

dav

Is it easy to do then? Do you get overspray? How durable is it?

very easy ,you get over spray but mask up and leave around and inch of paintwork exposed when done peel off the inch strip leaving a faultless edge ,google it . it really is as easy as it says just make sure you get at least 5 or 6 coats on so it peels easy ,seems to be holding up ok on the grill and thats been done a couple of months now .

dav

very easy ,you get over spray but mask up and leave around and inch of paintwork exposed when done peel off the inch strip leaving a faultless edge ,google it . it really is as easy as it says just make sure you get at least 5 or 6 coats on so it peels easy ,seems to be holding up ok on the grill and thats been done a couple of months now .

dav

Cheers, ive looked on youtube, loads of useful videos on there, looks pretty easy, its just the pealing id be worried about,lol.

How many cans did you use? Struggling to find it online to buy, everywhere seems out of stock

yer its getting hard to get hold of now , i 400ml can did both sides and grill ,there is a place in bradford advertising the same stuff on ebay but not tried it so cant comment on it .

dav

yer its getting hard to get hold of now , i 400ml can did both sides and grill ,there is a place in bradford advertising the same stuff on ebay but not tried it so cant comment on it .

dav

Where do you buy yours?

Ive seen the one in Bradford, £10 a can.

Even plasti dip.co.uk dont have stock of black!

got mine off ebay before they went daft , i paid £18 delivered which is a bit over priced , was going to buy some more last week but a single can was going for £30 , will wait till new stock comes in @ plastidip or might try the ones from bradford.

got mine off ebay before they went daft , i paid £18 delivered which is a bit over priced , was going to buy some more last week but a single can was going for £30 , will wait till new stock comes in @ plastidip or might try the ones from bradford.

I messaged plastidip last night to see when they will have stock, if you try the Bradford one let us know what you think, cheers

Theres a new seller appeared on ebay by the name of liquidcarwraps, they have no feedback and are also from bradford :s may try that stuff as a can of plastidip on ebay is now going for
£30!

Do you need to use Plasti dip primer before using the plasti dip itself or would it be ok without?

Just so you know Plasti Dip now have stock of black, and i decided against the primer anyway

ordered 2 tins yesterday ,will be good to get while they have stock ,if they run out will always get money back and more on ebay .

I ordered two, will that be enough to do a grill surround and window surrounds?

ordered 2 tins yesterday ,will be good to get while they have stock ,if they run out will always get money back and more on ebay .

What did you use to mask your areas off? Any tips you want to give me?