EM TuningVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

2.0 Tdi clutch dilemma?

I think my clutch/flywheel maybe on the way out? Judders on take off and make's a noise when I press the clutch pedal in. I've been looking online at clutch kit prices and there is 2 to choose from. LUK & Sachs, which one is the standard fit. I think its the Sachs one? Also how do I find out what engine code my car is? It is a 2008/58 2.0tdi 143 s-line. Thank you for any help.
    2.0 Tdi S-Line 143. Remap 180 bhp/290lb torque.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    How many miles have you done ? I cant really see it being the clutch going to be honest, my wife's A5 Cabriolet had a clutch judder whilst accelerating so i took it back to Audi under warranty and they did a Software Update which solved the problem.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

3rd Gear

Status
    engine code is in service book or stamped on sticker in spare wheel well in boot, i get slight judder in 1st when pulling away , probably swap clutch when i do cambelt and oil pump mod.

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: 2.0 Tdi clutch dilemma?

I'd say this sounds exactly like clutch and flywheel. These are exactly same symptoms I had before having mine changed. Mileage as said is a big factor, what's yours on?

1st Gear

Status
    It's the flywheel. My mechanic mate had a look before and confirmed it. The cars only on 36k miles so im a bit pissed off. Im going to change the clutch and flywheel while the box is dropped out of it. Just been pricing them up and im getting £500 figures for the sachs ones. My mate is getting me a trade price tomorrow. Apparently dual mass flywheels aren't the most reliable,but 36k miles is really poor!
    2.0 Tdi S-Line 143. Remap 180 bhp/290lb torque.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Not to sure on the 2 ltr but the 3 ltr tdi clutch is an LUK.
    Try kimber car parts.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz j View Post
    It's the flywheel. My mechanic mate had a look before and confirmed it. The cars only on 36k miles so im a bit pissed off. Im going to change the clutch and flywheel while the box is dropped out of it. Just been pricing them up and im getting £500 figures for the sachs ones. My mate is getting me a trade price tomorrow. Apparently dual mass flywheels aren't the most reliable,but 36k miles is really poor!
    feel your pain here , going in for cam belt doing at brothers garage in just over a week , while there im changing the dodgy oil pump drive that still fails on the common rail engine and I have clutch judder in first so a new dual mass and clutch at same time ,plus have to pay him his wages for using the garage all day ,maybe 2 days all in . A cheap cambelt swap will have cost me around 1k all in . but I suppose peace of mind an all that .