DPF fault can anyone advise me???

a3 turbp

Reaction score
Hello ive been a member for a few years but have only recently come back onto the audi scene.

I've just purchased a A4 B8 2.0tdi 143 DPF avant and the other day the emissions control light came on, so i drove the car in regen mode and it went out, however two days later it came on again, I plugged it in and it came up with a fault of exhaust pressure sensor. I was looking through my books and service history and noticed the car had a DPF pressure sensor fitted oct 2011 at a audi dealership so I rung them and they confirmed this at that i may be able to get it replaced under warrenty but that there are two pressure sensors on the DPF so could'nt say for sure if it was the one they replaced without doing a diagnostic them selves at a cost of £103! for them to tell me what i had already told them! ive been doing a little research and it appears there is only one pressure sensor and three temp sensors so i'm wondering if theyre trying to pull a fast one???

any advice/help will be greatly appriciated

thanks

knowing audi they were trying to pull a fast one . for you to buy the sensor yourself is cheaper than a diagnostic off them . with things like this you either bite the bullet and buy one ,or hope you have a mate willing to let you try his first .

Don't i have to programme the new sensor to my ECU though?

nope ,done quite a few make sure vacumn pipe is clear before fitting new sensor though by blowing air down it . fit sensor,clear faults and force a regen .

[Select]
[01 - Engine]

[Coding-II - 11]

• Enable Regeneration by Entering 21295.
[Do It!]

[Meas. Blocks - 08]
Select both Groups at once 070 and 075.
[Go!]
MVB 070.1: Regeneration Status (xxxxxxx1 = Normal Regeneration active, xxxxxx1x = Forced Regeneration active)
MVB 070.3: Regeneration Counter/Timer
MVB 075.1: Exhaust Gas Temperature before Turbo Charger
MVB 075.2: Exhaust Gas Temperature before Particle Filter
MVB 075.3: Particle Filter Load
MVB 075.4: Exhaust Gas Temperature after Particle Filter

Now Start the Driving Cycle and keep watching the Measuring Blocks (2nd Person required).

[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

if yours is a common rail you can do the regen without driving it .

best read here easier than explaining it all .

Diesel Particle Filter Emergency Regeneration - Ross-Tech Wiki

By looking at live data using VCDS for example, not scanner, it's fairly easy to diagnose if the sensors are working. I'd look at having this done before you spend money on a sensor.

Rick

It needs to go on VCDS, most garages charge about £35
If the sensor needs replacing then it needs to be adapted too.

Where about in the UK are you?

Mine was exactly same. Turned out to be the sensor. £85 fitted at Vastech in Northallerton.