Eibach's fitted

Mcdubber1

Reaction score
I finally got round to fitting my Eibach Sportlines. They've improved the looks and the handling without compromising the ride which is virtually the same as before. They could do with being a bit lower but it's a practical height and it saves the wife from moaning that the car scrapes everywhere, maybe it'll go down a wee bit more once properly settled but overall I'm happy. There's currently 5mm spacers on the rear but these will be going on the front once i get larger one's for the rear.

Poor quality iPhone pics unfortunately.

Before

DCD75201-D6E8-4AAC-A740-B3D8A9BE9839-9201-000014B4239112BF.jpg

D2B6DAE0-4107-49B6-BF10-4677E8034B0B-5733-00000A88B9CB9AC9.jpg

The day they went on

014-5_zpsf148da88.jpg

016-5_zps348acd60.jpg

After a clean and refitment of the alloys

023-7_zps3595cb42.jpg

025-7_zps9967d4f5.jpg

028-4_zpsa8ae7a8a.jpg

Looks great.Im having mine fitted in a fortnight.Are the spacers really necessary?

What razza said, not necessary but fills the arches more and gives a better stance. I'll be waiting a bit before getting new spacers for the rear cos I want to get my mk2 golf on the road by the end of the month.

Looks great fella, what's the drop on these from the standard S Line height? I assume yours didnt have the optional S Line supsension to start with?

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah mine just has the sport suspension on it. Eibach quote 45mm front and 35mm rear from standard suspension so that's obviously 25mm front and 15mm rear on the sport suspensionbut I'd say its dropped by the same amount all round, I should have measured it before and after really.

have you had it in for wheel alignment since you had your eibachs fitted?i stuck a set of eibach prokit on mine as opposed to the lower drop sportline eibach spring.I left the car into audi a week later for a 4 wheel alignment and they came back to me stating that the camber was out on the front and due to the fact the a4's upper control arms are non adjustable there was nothing they could do to correct it.
mine had standard suspension beforehand so I am currently sourcing s line springs which will increase its current height by 5mm to s line spec which will hopefully resolve the camber issue.
I am aware there are adjustable upper control arms on the market but I don't really want to start going down the aftermarket route any more than the eibachs I already fitted.
any informed input would be much appreciated.I wonder by replacing my standard shocks with the sport shocks which I believe are a bit shorter will somehow correct the neg camber my car is riding on at the min.