Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Eibach's fitted

1st Gear

Status

Eibach's fitted

I finally got round to fitting my Eibach Sportlines. They've improved the looks and the handling without compromising the ride which is virtually the same as before. They could do with being a bit lower but it's a practical height and it saves the wife from moaning that the car scrapes everywhere, maybe it'll go down a wee bit more once properly settled but overall I'm happy. There's currently 5mm spacers on the rear but these will be going on the front once i get larger one's for the rear.

Poor quality iPhone pics unfortunately.

Before

The day they went on

After a clean and refitment of the alloys

2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Looks great.Im having mine fitted in a fortnight.Are the spacers really necessary?
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

5th Gear

Status

Eibach's fitted

Not necessary for most wheels, but gives a much better look filling the arches...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

1st Gear

Status
    What razza said, not necessary but fills the arches more and gives a better stance. I'll be waiting a bit before getting new spacers for the rear cos I want to get my mk2 golf on the road by the end of the month.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

1st Gear

Status
    looks loads better mate .

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Looks real nice Si.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

VAG Addict

Status
    Looks great fella, what's the drop on these from the standard S Line height? I assume yours didnt have the optional S Line supsension to start with?
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah mine just has the sport suspension on it. Eibach quote 45mm front and 35mm rear from standard suspension so that's obviously 25mm front and 15mm rear on the sport suspensionbut I'd say its dropped by the same amount all round, I should have measured it before and after really.

Reverse Gear

Status
    have you had it in for wheel alignment since you had your eibachs fitted?i stuck a set of eibach prokit on mine as opposed to the lower drop sportline eibach spring.I left the car into audi a week later for a 4 wheel alignment and they came back to me stating that the camber was out on the front and due to the fact the a4's upper control arms are non adjustable there was nothing they could do to correct it.
    mine had standard suspension beforehand so I am currently sourcing s line springs which will increase its current height by 5mm to s line spec which will hopefully resolve the camber issue.
    I am aware there are adjustable upper control arms on the market but I don't really want to start going down the aftermarket route any more than the eibachs I already fitted.
    any informed input would be much appreciated.I wonder by replacing my standard shocks with the sport shocks which I believe are a bit shorter will somehow correct the neg camber my car is riding on at the min.