Is the 2.0 TDi noisy in the cabin?

G

_G_

One of the main reasons I hate diesels is the noise and vibration inside the cabin. I have now narrowed down my choice to a Mercedes C320 Diesel (2008) and an Audi 2.0 TDi (2009) S-Line Multi-Tronic (yes I plan to take out an extended warranty)...

I have driven the Merc and the only time I really heard the sound of agriculture was when the engine was cold. The cabin was really well isolated from the sound and vibrations.

Is this the case for the Audi too? I've spot the perfect one but to save myself the 168 mile trip I thought I would ask first...

Thanks for any input.

Having the B8 2.0tdi i can reassure you the only time you know its a diesel is on cold start up for a few seconds in the cabin if you have no radio on, on the outside too its not bad too, a lot queiter than some

Is yours mapped by any chance? I was looking into a possible map if I go ahead with it. Naturally I turned to APR but the only thing they do is a carbonio intake. Did you remove your DPF? Thanks.

I do have a bluespark tuning box on as at 143bhp standard car was sluggish, now it goes as it should, everything else is standard and the DPF is still there, I do a lot of motorway driving so hopefully that will keep the issues you get with them away, but that remains to be seen,
plus its a dam better looking car than the Merc, I did look at the C220 and test drove them both one after the other and the Audi won

cheers man, really appreciate it... I'm going to test drive it next week. That was my concern exactly... 143bhp and 236 lb/ft is poor... I want a smooth/comfortable and reliable ride. A bit miffed that it is belt cam but having said that I have had belt cam most of my life... I like the interior it looks more luxurious than the Mercedes! Definitely needs more power/torque to shift that so will be looking into the tuning box.

Have always wanted a V6 but the 3.0TDI is out of my price range. Like the bike btw!!!

Reactions: Ninjatrol
No Problem mate with the tuning box on its defo more smooth with plenty of torque, just got to imagine what it will be like
with little more power on your test drive, I have a 4 hour drive each Monday and Friday and even though i have sport seats fitted it is a relaxing environment, lets us know your thoughts once you have taken it for a drive

cheers man, really appreciate it... I'm going to test drive it next week. That was my concern exactly... 143bhp and 236 lb/ft is poor... I want a smooth/comfortable and reliable ride. A bit miffed that it is belt cam but having said that I have had belt cam most of my life... I like the interior it looks more luxurious than the Mercedes! Definitely needs more power/torque to shift that so will be looking into the tuning box.

Have always wanted a V6 but the 3.0TDI is out of my price range. Like the bike btw!!!

I test drove a 220 before i got my 2.0tdi sline 170.Was like driving a bus, and with a stupid hand/footbrake.I definately recommend that you pull all the stops out and get the 3.0.Ive had mine mapped to 200, and its still a slug.Really short 1st and 2nd gear, and rough as a bears **** compared to the V6.Ive regretted it ever since.

I'd agree with the 3.0 comment. The V6 is infinitely more refined than the 2.0. And it sound pretty cool when you give it the beans too... ;)

quartz grey @ ninjatrol

well.. will test drive it Tuesday now and post back. Having a chill day today with kids away.

I don't know if anyone will check back but I drove the 2.0 TDI and the 3.0 TDI back to back... and the 3.0 TDI wins... not diesel like at all.. sounds more like a muted revvy petrol engine... it costs though so the plan is... to just save for a few months and buy it outright rather than financing it... this will be our family car. Looking forward to it :)

cheers for the views and help.

I just happen to be selling one... ;) But looking to get rid of it sooner rather than later. Haha.