Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik
  • 2 Post By vroomtshh
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: No V Power in Scotland, What do i use ?

6th Gear

Status

No V Power in Scotland, What do i use ?

Hi,

Im going up to Scotland in May and there is no Shell Stations round the area i am staying.
    I used to run my Car off Tesco Momentum 99 and when i got it remapped it started hesitating whilst accelerating hard at motorway speeds. When i run my car off V Power it does not hesitate When i run it off Tesco 99 it does.

I was just wondering when i go to Scotland would it be better for me to put Bp Ultimate 97 in or Tesco 99 ?

Thanks in advance.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    why dont you try the bp stuff before you go????
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

2nd Gear

Status
    Where exactly are you going. We do have shell stations up here to you know. They even have v power. And if u r lucky the station will have electic and you won't need to hand pump. He he he

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

1st Gear

Status
    Up in your neck of the woods Riggs do you not still use paraffin in the street lights ;-)

On a serious not quite a few places up here do vpower and I have always found BP ultimate diesel is good in mine.

6th Gear

Status
    I thought that myself john,
    Im going to killin for a week, nothing much to do there but there are a few places around we can go to, Oban, Perth, Stirling etc..
    The Shell Stations are abit out of reach of where i am staying but as i visit Perth there is a Bp and a Tesco i could go to, there is one another 15 miles further up the road from Perth which i cant really justify going to just for some fuel !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html

1st Gear

Status
    Ive never had any probs with Tesco 99 in any of my cars might have been a bad batch.
    My cars:

2013 BMW 535d M-Sport Alpine White
    2004 Lancer Evolution 8MR FQ-340 Palma Red

6th Gear

Status
    I was using it for a while though, me and riggs had the same problem running it off tesco 99 didnt we ?
    Its because the car is putting out loads more power out than standard and me and riggs both have the same Remap just doesnt seem to respond to Tesco 99 for some reason :0
    There is Shell V Power in Scotland but no where i will be staying ! Typical.
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 28th February 2013 at 21:54.
    riggssuzuki likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    You are totally justified in going the extra miles for what you want.Give bp a go first though.Must admit i much prefer shell although im an oil burner.In all honesty id carry a 10 litre can in the boot just in case...you dont want to put sainsburys muck etc in.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    I was using it for a while though, me and riggs had the same problem running it off tesco 99 didnt we ?
    Its because the car is putting out loads more power out than standard and me and riggs both have the same Remap just doesnt seem to respond to Tesco 99 for some reason :0
    There is Shell V Power in Scotland but no where i will be staying ! Typical.
    Absolutely.ø I can feel a marked difference in the way the car runs if i put Tesco Momentum in it. IT normall takes a couple of tanks of VPower before it feels nice n smooth again.

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Absolutely.ø I can feel a marked difference in the way the car runs if i put Tesco Momentum in it. IT normall takes a couple of tanks of VPower before it feels nice n smooth again.
    while your up this way, you should go to Grangemouth and watch them filling the tankers up with the same fuel ;-)
    shariain and Brodster like this.

6th Gear

Status
    If 15 miles out of your way is too far to go i guess your not travelling much while your there? Find the last shell on the way through and brim the tank, then you shouldnt need to refuel again?

I have a Shell site PDF somewhere and a gpx file, but when i went to scotland using it was a joke, i went to three supposedly shell sites after inverness and none of them exsisted!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    why dont you try the bp stuff before you go????
    What professor sock says, just try before going, logic dear spock.
    johnnythepie likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    I may try Bp for abit then.
    Yeah i will be travelling around in the Car allot because where i am staying there is nothing to do. I will top up on the Motorway with V Power before i arrive and see how it goes i suppose.

1st Gear

Status
    There is a shell station in Perth if your going there?

I just use normal unleaded in mine and have no problems with hesitations, it runs perfect thankfully because petrols expensive enough as it is without having to use v power all the time.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Ive used all the 99 octane fuels in my S3 and feel no difference when using 97 octane from Sainsburys. Must just be the type of engine in the S3.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner