A4 MMI Iphone / Ipod Issue

Fandango80

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just taken ownership of an 08 A4 3.0TDI Quattro.

I bought two cables for the MMI plug in the glove box. One for a USB cable and One for the ipod / Iphone.
I connect a USB stick and it works a dream, however if i use the iphone cable it just says the device is not working or connected properly. I tried this with two different cables, an ipod and an iphone so it must be the MMI?

I have read there are firmware updates available but at a loose end what to do.

I think its a 2G High MMI: Colour screen, blootooth, 6 CD changer in the dash, Plug in the glove box, DVD Sat nav with DVD unit in the boot.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

there are two cables for the ipod....one pre 2009, and one post.Part numbers 4f0051510K is post 2009 and 4f0051510L is pre 2009.These are for the AMI (audi music interface)

You have the same 2G set up as mine. I've had that same message a handful of times. All I do is uplug the ipod then plug it back in and it then works.

What is the difference between the AMI cable and the headphone type jack in the centre console?

Thanks guys, I will give the different cable a go. I have the kind with a blue ring around the base of the plug. Tried unplugging and reconnecting many times but no cigar.

Will keep you posted but any other ideas welcomed.

Cheers

Maybe a trip to your parts dept might solve the issue letting you try b4 you buy.My moneys on the cable.

Maybe a trip to your parts dept might solve the issue letting you try b4 you buy.My moneys on the cable.

So i popped into Audi and they recon it needs to be plugged in to have a chat with Audi central in germany to check it has latest firmware and software.All booked in now and luckily its still within a month of purchase so they still want to keep me happy and will be free.

Lets see...

Strange.should have worked when manufactured.Did the dealer try another cable?

Yeah youd think so. I tried three cables in total but the dealer didnt try anything there and then. Ive gotta wait a week before it goes in. I guess it could be a faulty ami unit but i suppose they check the basics first.