Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaysback

Thread: Been away for a while - now back with a 09 A4 2.0t fsi quattro s-line

Neutral

Status

Been away for a while - now back with a 09 A4 2.0t fsi quattro s-line

Picked up our new motor on Saturday.
    Very pleased with it so far.
    It managed the best part of 40mpg on the 90 mile trip back, which was nice and was real surprised by how well it went too.
    Anyways here are a few pics of her.

I have yet to get it cleaned, looking forward to giving it a good wash - clay - rotary polish & wax.

Did try and swap out some bulbs and put my philips silver vision indicator bulbs in the rear lights, only to find they fitted the stupid orange plastic inside the lamp.
    Looks like they won't fit in the front indicators either.
    Never mind.
    ScottishS3 likes this.
    2008 A4 2.0 tfsi s line - garnet red, 75% exterior detailed, 75% LED conversion.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Nice car mate!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

6th Gear

Status
    Nice car enjoy
    Any mods planed ?
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    I like Garnet Red, you don't see enough about.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

Neutral

Status

Wink

Lots of mods planned - no money to do them ATM. Usual story.
    On that note Dialynx are about 2 miles from my front door, Revo at some point me thinks.
    Would like to put an induction kit on also but rather concerned about it recking the MAF.
    Issues so far - on the drive back to Swindon from Hemel Hempstead the tyre monitor went off.
    Pumped tyres up and reset been fine since.
    Today the dreaded oil level warning went off and according to the garage we got it from it was only serviced just before we got it..........
    Been asked to top it up and see how it goes.
    Could so do with a dipstick.
    May have a chat with Audi and see if they can give me any history of this problem (car has full service history BTW)
    *edit*
    Car also seems to be hesitating on light acceleration between gear changes - having a read up on this issue points to the diverter valve.
    Had to replaced this also on my old 2001 A4.
    May see if I can find someone local with VCDS who does'nt mind giving my car a read and seeing if anything shows up, in exchange for a drink
    Last edited by jaysback; 25th February 2013 at 19:17.
    2008 A4 2.0 tfsi s line - garnet red, 75% exterior detailed, 75% LED conversion.

Neutral

Status
    What induction kits are available for these cars ? so far ive only found a KnN

Neutral

Status
    Even with the oil problems I have found the will to get out and make a start on the paint work.
    Condition of paint before I started, note the front wind had already had a very quick go over with megs ultimate compound.

NSF wing had 2 pretty good scratches on.

Used my DeWalt rotary 3M fast cut plus, Megs ultimate compound.

Ran out of light and time so gave it a quick coat of wax to protect it ready for the final polish.

Sorry about the qty of pics but I enjoy polishing.
    Hope you like it

1st Gear

Status
    Looks good mate
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

Neutral

Status
    Also Have stuck some LED interior / number plate lights in too.
    C5W 36 mm CREE 5W LED CAN BUS OBC ERROR FREE Number Plate bulbs Audi 1 | eBay
    T10 2W 4 SMD LED High Power Light Bulb Lamp 168 194 501 921 W5W White 12V New | eBay
    The 36mm festoons are by far the best I have used so far and are error free.
    They also actually light the interior up very well, probably even better than the standard bulbs - unlike most.
    Need to get some more 501's for the puddle lights.

3rd Gear

Status
    excellent job there pal. nice paint correction . what pad are you using with the fast cut . love the garnet red paint got alot of depth and clarity.

1st Gear

Status
    beaut car, lovely colour - looks like she's been dipped in fresh blood. i had a Prelude in a similar shade, far nicer than the pillar box reds.

oil level is via the MMI, i'd be kicking about that w/ the dealer tho, either they haven't serviced it for you or they did a half-ar$ed job - should through in a bottle or so to make up, IMO.

Neutral

Status
    Phoned Audi customer services today and they sent around to my local dealer.
    Been told that they know there is an issue and that they will help customers out happy days there.

Just back from the dealers and it's in for consumption test 1 on the 25th.
    Can't remember the mileage he said I would have to do, but my reply was I will be in way before it covers that distance.
    All in all very happy with the service they are providing so far - may it continue.

Oh yeh!
    Pad used with the fast cut was a 3M green for the most part, smaller bits were with a 3" megs burgundy.
    Ultimate compound was done with 3M yellow and 3" megs yellow pad.
    Thanks for the comments guys, it's something I enjoy doing and have done a few for freinds and family.
    It's not finished yet BTW.
    Need to go over it with a polishing pad and 3M finnese-it. I love that stuff.

Here is a couple of others I have done.

The Isuzu Trooper above was very hard work, spent it's life back and forth in country lanes pulling horse boxes around.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysback View Post
    Even with the oil problems I have found the will to get out and make a start on the paint work.
    Condition of paint before I started, note the front wind had already had a very quick go over with megs ultimate compound.

Used my DeWalt rotary 3M fast cut plus, Megs ultimate compound.

Ran out of light and time so gave it a quick coat of wax to protect it ready for the final polish.

Sorry about the qty of pics but I enjoy polishing.
    Hope you like it
    Looks good mate, time well spent...
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]2010 Audi A4 2.0 TDI S line Exec, Misano Red, AMI, Phone & Voice Prep Bluetooth, CD Changer, DAB, 19" Alloys, Black Pack, Alcantara Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Start Stop, White LED Mod, Tints.

Neutral

Status
    Car was into Audi today for oil consumption test 1.
    Left it with a note explaining just how much oil it had used, by my very vague calcs it's a litre every 255 miles.
    Makes the RX8 look good. LOL.
    I guess they decided to skip test 1 and fit the crankcase breather stuff and pulley something or another.
    Need to phone Audi and find out exactly what it was, I didn't pick the car up - was at work
    So the car now has 600 miles to not drink 1L of oil.
    We shall see how that pans out. Fingers crossed well, if not it goes in for the bottom end to get done.
    No bill so far, which is very nice of them indeed.
    Again very happy with the service thus far.

Not so happy with a couple of small scratches on the wings though, and they washed it.
    It's now covered in water marks.
    I guess some people are never happy. lol.