A4 avant remap

Shanes

Reaction score
Hi just bought a 2011 a4 avant 2l tdi 136ps black edition is it possible to have it remaped and what would I expect to get from it ,I live in Essex if anyone could help that would be great thank you

Hi, a Remap is possible, there are many good places out there which will remap your car for you, you may find that Ecu could be locked "Audi Anti Tune" to prevent remapping via the classic method of under the steering wheel.
My Ecu has locked when i got it remapped so the Ecu had to come out and be put on the bench, connected up, remapped and put back in.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is Superchips remap for your car.
[/FONT]http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=2&fueltype=2&model=22&variant=2390

Hi thank you would this affect my outstanding warranty on the car and regular servicing from Audi thanks

Yes it would if they found out! A tuning box is a better bet as they are easily removed and installed and give almost identical results! :sex:

If Audi can proove that the remap has caused the problem then it will invalidate the warranty. If not they must repair it. You can still get it serviced with Audi but if they do a software update on the car it will override the remap and put it back to standard, When you get your car serviced, tell Audi not to Software update or you can just go to an independent local garage.
In my opinion i would rather have a remap than a tuning box but that's my choice :)

Ok thanks but if I tell Audi not to do a software update will they not be a bit suspicious and ask why? Maybe I should of gone 170 ps could change my mind only put deposit down

They will probably be suspicious but just tell them its been remapped, if there is a problem they will have to prove its the remaps fault. Blackburn Audi who deal with my car for bits of warranty and stuff know its been remapped as i told them.
In my opinion i would keep the car you have put your deposit on and just take it to Superchips and get it remapped.
My car has a Revo Remap but a Revo Remap is not available for your car.
My car is still under warranty and it is remapped, its quite unlikely something will go wrong with the engine,Gearbox,Clutch anyway if you have it serviced and maintained well.

Any questions please feel free to ask me, Either on here or message me i will get back to you as fast as i can :)
I was asking all these same questions before i got mine done i was very wary because i didn't really want people to fiddling with my Ecu (Engine Control Unit) the brains of the Car, But why was i wary ? Its perfectly fine and i wish i would of got it done sooner, and if you get the car and get it remapped, you wont regret it :)
Remember to use Shell V Power Diesel if you can because that will also improve performance a little and lasts longer than regular fuel, if you cant get it then it isn't a big issue.

Ok thanks but if I tell Audi not to do a software update will they not be a bit suspicious and ask why? Maybe I should of gone 170 ps could change my mind only put deposit down

The moment your car is plugged in at a dealer they know its been remapped, and a marker is placed on your vehicle record on thier mainframe, to specifically argue any warranty work.Dont worry about not getting the 170, its a slug and a thirsty one at that.

Be aware. As soon as Audi connect up to the ECU for whatever reason it tells them the ECU has been accessed. I know from personal experience....... They didnt seem to concerned about it though and any good remapper will also have their own warranty.

Thanks guys been in touch with superchips in Romford think I will take it there for remap as comes with a warranty, just not sure if it is locked they don't think it will be

Hi am I going to get a better 0-60 time or just better in higher gears thank

You will get a better 0-60 time 0-100 time etc.. you will have more power throughout the all gears and it will pick up alot faster.
When are you picking it up anyway ?

Thanks hopefully picking it up next Thursday after they have done service very nice car but such a difference after owning a land rover discovery