Newbie with A4 Avant S Line 2.0 TDI CR 170

StuF

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here. Seems like a good site with loads of info :)

I've just bought a 2009 A4 Avant S Line 2.0tdi 170 with the common rail engine and DPF. It's a great car, but I've always been one for modifying so I've been looking at remaps to get a bit more oomph out of it. Is it worth getting the DPF deleted at the same time?

Are DPF issues inevitable? If so I'd rather just get shot of it before any problems do crop up ;)

I've had a good quote from Big Fish Tuning near Middlesbrough to carry out DPF removal and then a custom map. Has anyone on here used this company for remapping? If so how did you find them? From what I can find online most people seem to rate them.

cheers

Stu

Hi Stu,

Are DPF issues inevitable? In the long term yes, but it depends on what sort of mileage you do. We have done a few DPF removals on these, mainly on cars that have had them fail. Of course there is more power when the DPF is removed too.

Thanks, Rick

Thanks for the reply Rick, I bought the car fully aware of potential DPF issues. I think the best course of action would be to just delete it if it does fail. I will cross that bridge when I come to it and in the mean time just enjoy the car :)

Are there any issues associated with remapping this engine? Is it an ECU out job?

Cheers