JMB RetrofitsChris Nott

Thread: Wheel swap...

VAG Addict

Status

Wheel swap...

Spent a few hours swapping out the wheels on the new B8 today and gave it a bit of a clean. Quite happy with it now but will be adding spacers next month to improve the fitment. Its currently ET45 all round and I think ET33 front and ET30 rear should get it sitting better.

anyway, here's the pics!

and a quick one of our old B7 on the same rims for reference...

2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Very Nice !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

6th Gear

Status
    Do like them .... but would never order them for fear of the cleaning. Looks great.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Reverse Gear

Status
    Love these wheels, are they the genuine bbs ones or replicas??

VAG Addict

Status
    Reps... The real deal would cost nearly half the value of the car!

These are much lighter than the OEM 18" wheels that came off and are really well made. I would like to refurb them at some point and am tempted to go with body colour centres or maybe a shade or two darker - time and money will tell!

heres a frosty morning one from yesterday (taken on my blackberry so carp quality I'm afraid)... highlights the need to space the rears out. Having done a bit of research, taking them to an effective ET30 should get the wheel pretty flush with the arch

2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I thought they were 19's. Those seem to fill the arches much better than standard 18's
    . Have you lowered the suspension?

VAG Addict

Status
    They are 19s mate. The original wheels (pictured below) were 18". It hasn't been lowered either but it does have the optional S Line suspension leaving it 10mm lower than the standard sport set up on the S Line and 30mm lower than the SE.

I'd like to look at lowering it in the future but my wife drives it daily and it has to remain practical!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know they did a optional setup over the standard s line ride height. How would I find out if mine was specified from new? because it's quite hard to tell from just looking.

VAG Addict

Status
    You need to have a look at the options sticker in the boot or in the cover of your owners manual. If it lists '1BV' then you have the optional S Line suspension. The standard set up is known as 'Sport' springs which lowers the car 20mm over standard and the optional S Line lowers 30mm over standard.

Hope that helps?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks mate, I will have a look

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've had a look and appears I have option code 1BE. I'm a little confused because When put through the decoder it shows exactly the same description as 1BV is this the same thing or is it like u said the difference between that extra 10mm drop??

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by avant84 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know they did a optional setup over the standard s line ride height. How would I find out if mine was specified from new? because it's quite hard to tell from just looking.
    When i ordered mine (its a march 2009 sline) i took the option of 19" wheels which at the time could only be fitted to a 20mm drop sline.Im pretty sure that there was a thread on this forum that gave extra info re codes 1bv etc but ill be bugggered if i can find it.Theres also a code 1bd for 'special sports suspension' just to confuse matters.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

6th Gear

Status
    ride heights

I believe that 1bv is 30mm drop whilst 1be is 20mm
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

1st Gear

Status
    looking good, hopefully will be getting a b8 avant soon

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
    You need to have a look at the options sticker in the boot or in the cover of your owners manual. If it lists '1BV' then you have the optional S Line suspension. The standard set up is known as 'Sport' springs which lowers the car 20mm over standard and the optional S Line lowers 30mm over standard.

Hope that helps?
    Whereabouts in the boot would it be? Is this the same for the saloon?
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    Lift your boot carpet up and the sticker is in there beside the spare wheel well.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

1st Gear

Status
    What size tyres you running? It looks good btw and looks lower than standard, I know you said it's not maybe just the pics.
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

VAG Addict

Status
    Tyres are 235 53 19 which is a little small for the B8 and for my liking but they were the correct sizer for our previous B7. Plan is to go to 245 35 19 on the rear when I replace the tyres and eventually all round when the other pair wear out...

Spacers will be ordered at the end of the month so more pics soon!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdubber1 View Post
    Lift your boot carpet up and the sticker is in there beside the spare wheel well.
    Found it! Code 1BV!
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S line, Misano Red, 19" Black Edition Rotors, RS4 Grille, Sat Nav, AMI, Bluetooth, Phone & Voice Prep, CD Changer, Gloss Pack, Heated Seats, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, S line Suspension, Dynamic Boot Spoiler, K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
    Tyres are 235 53 19 which is a little small for the B8 and for my liking but they were the correct sizer for our previous B7. Plan is to go to 245 35 19 on the rear when I replace the tyres and eventually all round when the other pair wear out...

Spacers will be ordered at the end of the month so more pics soon!
    Yeah that's what I thought they would be, they look ok tbh and when you get spacers on they'll fill the arches even better!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishS3 View Post
    Found it! Code 1BV!
    I had a look at mine, I've got 1be but makes no difference cos I've got some lowering springs to go on.

VAG Addict

Status
    I've been considering getting the LMs refurbished but having done some digging the refurb is going to work out at about £100 per wheel... so I'm stuck!

I love these wheels and they work better on the B8 than I had hoped and might look even better with titanium centres but I can't get away from the fact that for just £100 more I could buy a new set and still have these to sell on.

I have found both sets shown below in 8.5x19 for about £550 and can get the tyres swapped over for about a tenner per wheel.

So what do you guys think?

- refurb LMs in silver
    - refurb LMs in titanium grey
    - BBS CH reps
    - AXE / VMR reps (my current favourite)

5th Gear

Status
    VMR's in dark grey!

2nd Gear

Status

Wheel swap...

May I ask where you have found the CH reps for £550?

I'm looking for some in 18's.

Cheers

PS - my vote is for the CH's, obviously.

VAG Addict

Status
    eGay... Mad on motors have quite a lot to choose from but this auction might be just what your after - 400407630679. Staggered 18" CH reps! (Sorry cant provide a web page link from the eBay app on my ipad).

I seem to change my mind between the CHs and VMRs on a daily basis... Hadn't even considered the VMRs in grey (not seen them ether) but they would look good, especially if I wrapped all the chome trim round the windows, roof bars and grill!

damn it, this car is meant to remain a practical daily driver! lol

5th Gear

Status

2nd Gear

Status

Wheel swap...

Bingo, those wheels are pretty much what I'm looking for.

And in Birmingham too!!!

Absolute legend, gonna call them tomorrow. Thanks buddy.