EM TuningBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Exterior drivers door handle

Unlocked my car this morning with the remote, pulled the door handle & the door will not open now. The door will open from the inside but this isn't to graceful, the door handle feels very easy to pull so i'm thinking something has fallen off or Broken ?
    Can I remove the door handle without removing the door card or will it all have to come off & can anyone please tell me how to remove the door card Please. Or is there a post on here or the net describing how its done.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Oops sorry I was in 8P & replied to this post assuming it was an 8P again, my bad, thats different then, so it doesnt spring back in?
    Last edited by NHN; 27th January 2013 at 13:05.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes it springs back in but it feels very weak, and there is no dull click when you try to open the door so as I said something might have fallen off or broken.
    I have just found a post on here showing how to remove the door card. But do I have to remove it??

Neutral

Status
    Hi,
    no need to remove the door card, the handle can be removed externally, as long as you can open the door.
    I suspect that either the "hook section on the end of the handle has broken off, or the metal part the handle pull,s has come out of the hook.
    Only familiar because I have had the handles out several times to replace Advanced Key sensors, so I know the bit thats not engaging on your car.
    Take a look at this
    TSB for faulty door handle sensor

The link to the DIY detailing the handle removal will help you.

Best regards,
    Ian
    Have a look at the
    Phantom Black B8 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Avant going forward..... and 3.0 24v Manta going sideways

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the link Ian, earlier today I removed the door card to se what was wrong ( before I saw your post ) . Can't see anything hanging of or broken I closed the door ( with no door card fitted ) locked it with the remote fob then unlocked it again with the remote fob. And low & behold I pulled the handle & the door opens tried it a few times and it still works. I can guarantee when I replace the door card the door will not open so I'm still baffled by why it happened ?

Neutral

Status
    Sorry if a bit late with that!

Just one thing I'd check then.... make sure the screw that secures the handle (accessed from the door edge) is secure.
    The first time I replaced the sensor and refitted the handle I had the same problem as you - I wanted to check the handle worked before fully rebuilding, but for some reason the handle just didn't catch the bar properly unless the loc kbarrel/plastic blank is fitted and secured with the screw. Without it, I had the "no resistance" feel and it didnt work. either, so worth a check.

All the best,
    Ian
    Phantom Black B8 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Avant going forward..... and 3.0 24v Manta going sideways