Audi A4 SLine 61 Reg

testsubjec

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I could do with some help.

I need to syphon out some diesel out of my Audi A4. Now I have managed to get passed the initial fuel flap lock (so to speak) and have put a three foot long pipe down into the tank and not hit anything but for some reason the pipe is not getting into the tank (the tank is completely full).

Anyone have any ideas why??

Thanks

You need to check where the lift pump is, look under rear seat base, open it up & siphon from tank direct, I did this for a friends Legacy few months back, pita but got it all out.

Assume its a petrol then lol.

Thanks NHN.

Yeah, silly wife :)

Can I do that without the garage knowing about it?? As it's still under warranty. She didn't turn the car on when she realised which is a good start.

Yes if you're technically minded to remove it all :) or pay someone else to do, even audi wont worry about warranty tbh, where are you based?

I never understood why it is easy to put an unleaded filler into a diesel hole and that combo does real damage where as you have difficulty putting a diesel in an unleaded and yet that'll do no harm at all. You'd think it'd be the other way around. Too hard to change round now I suppose.

Bad luck man, could have happened to any one of us. Still, I guess you get cakes made for you for a month, and perhaps a crate of stella.

Yeah, I agree. That said, I found out very quickly that the green and black handles on the pumps are the other way around in the States when I tried to put diesel into my dads petrol car! Thankfully the nozzle didn't fit...