JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Keef
  • 2 Post By Keef

Thread: What a mess

1st Gear

Status

What a mess

Well, I saw this and had to snap it. £60.000 worth and thats how he keeps it.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Thats usually the way though isnt it. If you can afford to but it, then its just an object not a prized possession like it would be to normal people.

1st Gear

Status

What a mess

To be fair my S4 is also in a bit of a state at the minute, I washed it last week but the roads are in a right state so it doesn't take long to mess a nice clean car up. I planned to wash it today but along came the snow, oh well!
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Damn, little judgemental in this thread, the roads are a mess & maybe they live in the sticks, given its a new car, they've probably been having some fun with some spirited driving, cant see the issue, it will get cleaned no doubt, but pointless washing it one day & next its the same.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    What NHN said! My parents live out in the sticks and it's almost pointless trying to keep the cars clean, with the tractors coming off the fields the road are in a right state, you would have to clean the car every trip out you make, and regardless what car you own that's never going to happen, not unless you have servant’s, to do such menial jobs.......

On a side note is it me or does the rear end of the new RS4 look a bit..... boring :-\
    Last edited by B5NUT; 14th January 2013 at 13:53.

1st Gear

Status
    Its not judgemental its just an opinion. I love looking at some of the recoveries that go on on detailing world. Some of the lambo's and Ferrari's that require heavy TLC just backs up my initial point.

Granted thats a slightly different level but the point stands

That cars probably a demo that the sales manager has been playing with over the weekend and it will get cleaned by Audi's monkeys as well

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    then its just an object not a prized possession like it would be to normal people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Its not judgemental its just an opinion.
    No, not judgemental at all lmao, my point stands aswell

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status

I am pretty sure you know what i was trying to say.

5th Gear

Status
    my car gets that dirty after 1 days use!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    To be fair, I wasn't really having a dig at him, I'm well aware of the state of the roads and all that jazz, just looking around the dealer, saw it and thought I'd take a pic and pop it up here. Not too many RS4 pics on here to oogle at either.

It was owned I believe as it was a pig sty inside as well but the Red leather looked,,,,,,different. In my defence, although the roads are indeed filthy, even if you can't clean the outside, you don't need to live in a state inside the car. I clean my car if it gets dirty but that looks like ingrained mud, not just a couple of days growth.

I read a while ago that people said they hated this RS4 as its bland, to me it's understated but mean. People said the B7 was better. Well the B7 had big arches, big wheels and an agressive front,,,,,,,just like this one weirdly enough.

I'd have one tomorrow.

1st Gear

Status

What a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Soft lad View Post
    To be fair, I wasn't really having a dig at him, I'm well aware of the state of the roads and all that jazz, just looking around the dealer, saw it and thought I'd take a pic and pop it up here. Not too many RS4 pics on here to oogle at either.

It was owned I believe as it was a pig sty inside as well but the Red leather looked,,,,,,different. In my defence, although the roads are indeed filthy, even if you can't clean the outside, you don't need to live in a state inside the car. I clean my car if it gets dirty but that looks like ingrained mud, not just a couple of days growth.

I read a while ago that people said they hated this RS4 as its bland, to me it's understated but mean. People said the B7 was better. Well the B7 had big arches, big wheels and an agressive front,,,,,,,just like this one weirdly enough.

I'd have one tomorrow.
    You are right about keeping the inside clean, mine doesn't get washed while I work away (agreement between the wife and me!) but she always makes sure the inside doesn't resemble Greggs or McDonald's! Due to having 2 dogs, the boot also gets a regular Hoover out to get rid of all of the sand from our local beach.
    The B8 does look better in the flesh and that applies to all models throughout the range.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

6th Gear

Status
    I'd rather see a dirty RS4 that's getting used than one nicely polished that just sits doing nothing.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

2nd Gear

Status
    How did you resist the urge to write down the side..
    ‘I wish my wife was as dirty as my car!’
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Scotty, I agree but I have always been one rather than blast about in a piece of crap, I've always liked to do a bit of Will Smith "leaning to the side but you cant speed through, 2 miles an hour so every body sees you". To me its a pride thing of having a nice different car with people looking and thinking "He takes care of that". Its also an extention of what your're like.

A guy I work with has a car that is hanging, filthy inside and out and stinks. His house is the same as is his own personal hygiene. Any way, slightly off topic.

Keef, the urge, god dam the urge was there.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    How did you resist the urge to write down the side..
    ‘I wish my wife was as dirty as my car!’
    Coz I respect other peoples property more than to put loads of microscratches on an expensive car.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Neutral

Status
    Not too keen on those wheels!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    Coz I respect other peoples property more than to put loads of microscratches on an expensive car.
    I too have value and respect...and a sense of humour!
    Was only kidding ya know!
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    Must admit, Mine in in a bit of a state ATM. I only wash my car by hand and its too blinking cold out there!

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Damn, little judgemental in this thread, the roads are a mess & maybe they live in the sticks, given its a new car, they've probably been having some fun with some spirited driving, cant see the issue, it will get cleaned no doubt, but pointless washing it one day & next its the same.
    What he said.

Don't see the point of cleaning the outside regular at this time of year, all the crap on the roads etc.
    Always keep inside hoovered though

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors