JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance

Thread: Tyres

Neutral

Status

Tyres

Hi all, just had 2 new tyres fitted 255/35/19 by kwik fit. They are called Marangoni's anybody had any dealings with these before? £320 all in I knocked them down from £400 which was a bit extreme i thought. Not my usual place to get tyres must admit but needed them ASAP. Normally use camskill or black circles.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    WTF? didnt kwik fit have anything else ?
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

1st Gear

Status

Tyres

Never heard of them, let us know what you think - I hope they work out for you.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

Neutral

Status

Tyres

Great time to try them out in the snow!? The misses had to take the car so I have no idea what they have on the shelf.
    I originally went in to fix a puncture to the rear but as always they said its to close to the side wall to fix. Plus in a couple months they would need changing anyway.
    The misses said he didn't look to pleased about knocking the price down. I said either that or loose the sale.

Not bad £80 saving always worth a try.

6th Gear

Status
    Ah.Dont push them in the snow, they need time to bed in.On the way home from having my rears done i took a sharp bend and nearly ended up in a ditch!
    Pass me my sock

Neutral

Status

Tyres

To true. They seem to have that new glaze over them. Thank god the snow is melting!

6th Gear

Status
    thankfully it is in the midlands...feel for the east though
    Pass me my sock

Neutral

Status
    Guys, Ive been using Veredestein's on my cars for that past few years. Good value, great grip and don't wear to quickly either! Oh and another thing we sometimes overlook - Low road noise!

Tyres
    £171 fully fitted each.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by @ndr3w View Post
    Guys, Ive been using Veredestein's on my cars for that past few years. Good value, great grip and don't wear to quickly either! Oh and another thing we sometimes overlook - Low road noise!

Tyres
    £171 fully fitted each.
    I have these all round on the girlfriends A4 Sline. Not driven at great length, but so far - they have impressed me.
    Dolphin Grey 2006 A3 3dr 2.0 TDi 140 Quattro S-Line

Neutral

Status
    I've had Veredestein's in the past, found them pretty good.
    I have Michelin Alpin pa4 at the moment, and in this weather there unstoppable.
    Got them from Kwik-fit, best price I could find.

Ash

Status
    I thought Marangoni's were Kwik Fits budget tire?
    So £160 each seems a bit steep to me when Vredesteins and Avons are only £10-£20 more each per tyre and proven performers.

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    These are kwikfits own tyres, they used to use centour (sp) which were supposedly made in same factory as perelli. Not sure about the Marangoni factory though.

The tyres carry a premimum over budgets as they have a 'warrenty' on accidental unrepairable damage for 12 months.
    They also have free repairs/balance/valves for its legal life.

Marangoni Tyre Warranty from Kwik Fit

Those free repairs could have saved me a few quid in the last 3 months ive had 3 punctures!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Lead boot

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SLineMK View Post
    I originally went in to fix a puncture to the rear but as always they said its to close to the side wall to fix. Plus in a couple months they would need changing anyway.
    I have a Kwik fit 1 mile from the house. They said the same thing about my puncture and wanted to charge me £250 for a matching tyre. I asked them to put the space saver on and would come back to them because they had to order the tyre anyway. In the meantime I was recommended Micheldever Tyre & Auto Services | Cheap Car Tyres in Hampshire, Winchester which was a bit of a treck.

After a leasurely drive there, the puncture was repaired for £15 and I had another few months of driving before I had to replace it. Micheldever would have charged £175 for the same tyre.

These days I use Tyres Online | Cheap Tyres | Winter Tyres & Car Servicing UK, Buy car tyres online | Best Buy Tyres or Cheap Tyres Online | Van 4X4 Car Motorbike Tyres | TyreTraders UK
    (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    Gone: (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

Neutral

Status
    I find the best site to use is Tyres Online | Cheap Tyres | Winter Tyres & Car Servicing UK the best site around!
    61 Plate Audi A4 Saloon Black Edition 2.0 TDI 170 in Lava Grey

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow rezulteo On Twitter Add rezulteo on Facebook
    How are you finding the Marangonis SLineMK?
    All tyres for Audi and tyre news, advice, tests and comparisons on http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
    Follow us on Twitter !
    Like our Facebook page !

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had a puncture today and I have ordered a pair of Falken's £145 each all in.
    I had difficulty getting the wheel off as it was seized to the housing and stupidly used the plastic alignment tool which of course in this cold weather snapped in one of the threads. I will have to drill it out but have to use the spacesaver on the four other bolt holes.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I recently got advice from another Audi owner about Barum Bravuris 2, tyres made by Continental at their Czech plant. Anyway, did a bit of research and managed to get 2 new fronts for £178 fully fitted on 225/50/17’s XL W rated. So far delighted with them and they are supposed to wear well too. Can’t believe I got 2 tyres full fitted for this price. I bought them at National Tyres but had to buy them through their eBay page otherwise they would have cost me £240.

I am going to provide feedback over the coming months about how I get on with them. The tyres that came off were Bridgestone Turanza’s. I still have Bridgestone’s on the rear as there is plenty of tread still left in them.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
    I recently got advice from another Audi owner about Barum Bravuris 2, tyres made by Continental at their Czech plant. Anyway, did a bit of research and managed to get 2 new fronts for £178 fully fitted on 225/50/17’s XL W rated. So far delighted with them and they are supposed to wear well too. Can’t believe I got 2 tyres full fitted for this price. I bought them at National Tyres but had to buy them through their eBay page otherwise they would have cost me £240.

I am going to provide feedback over the coming months about how I get on with them. The tyres that came off were Bridgestone Turanza’s. I still have Bridgestone’s on the rear as there is plenty of tread still left in them.
    whoops
    Barum Bravuris 2 225/50 ZR17 98W XL with raised rim rib - mytyres.co.uk

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/...7,98,W,XL.html

Pass me my sock

Reverse Gear

Status
    The links provided are more expensive than mine and do not include fitting with valves and balancing. I was £178 all in for both tyres including fitting and balancing, not per tyre ;-).

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
    The links provided are more expensive than mine and do not include fitting with valves and balancing. I was £178 all in for both tyres including fitting and balancing, not per tyre ;-).
    Ah.For both.Thats a bloody good deal
    Pass me my sock