service indicator on.... so soon?

jpda4

Reaction score
collected my 61 plate in september 2012 at 11 months old.
part of the deal was a service and the book has been stamped accordingly, however the other day the service indicator appeared on the DIS telling me 1000 miles 245 days to next service
collection mileage 13816, indicator appeared at 18100
5 months and 5000 miles

do these figures make sense or has something got to be wrong?

if they are correct the cars going to the garage twice a year!!!

hope this makes sense and thanks for reading

No, that doesn't sound right. Even if it was on fixed term servicing for low mileage, it'd go 12 months and 10k IIRC.

Did they reset the service indicator at the time? Was it an Audi dealer doing the service?

They didnt reset the service indicator properly or at all.

thanks for the replies.....
bought from main dealer and they done the service...

if they didnt reset the service indicator, guess i will ignore the message for and wait until 12months or 10k miles before having it looked at...
once they do get it will the computer show how long the message has been on, thinking warrenty etc now

2 options, try & reset the service indicator manually with a number of miles to the next reminder or goto to the dealer now, explain the issue, get them to either resolve it so no warning or make a documented note on the system that would cover any future warranty concerns & get a written confirmation via email or letter advising the same, that way you're covered 100%.

rang the dealer, they said if i take it down they will reset it for me.....

just need to take it down there now

so hopefully all resolved

Yes reset it so its now going to say 10k or whatever the service interval is, it needs to be set for the remainder of miles, before the actual next service is due, not a standard service reset.

Let the dealer do there thing, but take it back when its due , before the next warning, then when they reset it, buy VCDS and do it properly yourself :D

called into dealers this afternoon, done the usual at reception why there etc etc.....
got taken through to service deptartment to explain again....
reg 61
mileage 18k
that will be correct then sir its due a service
no you serviced it in sept at 13k miles..... he disappeared to sales, returned adamant it will only have the 1?? point inspection.... explained to him i have the service book stamped by them at 13k miles, again he insisted it wont have been
im now starting to get wound up.....
how come on the phone last week they could see the history and the service, telling me to come in and they would reset it for the remaining mileage up to september, also as part of the deal got a free service and 2 years servicing.....
he then must have clicked onto another screen, oh yes your right i do appologise...... think my reply was i know i am!!!
he then took my keys and left again leaving me sat there, got the car back 10 minutes later ....

service display now at 245 days 4200 miles .....

got it sorted in the end, wasn't filled with confidence though.
so much so the car might not see the inside of an audi garage again, even having with the free services