led running lights

davsa4

Reaction score
led conversion done on the running / side lights , much better just need to source whiter head light bulbs now to match .

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

This can be done fairly easily by yourself ,just take your time , took me around 2 hours tops start to finish and no bulb warning on dashboard

ordered p13w led lamps from here

2 P13W 5050 SMD 18 LED White Fog Driving DRL Light Lamp Bulbs | eBay

took around a week to arrive .

first off you need to remove the centre front panel cover this is held on by 4 torx screws and the n slides backwards towards the engine bay separating it from the grill ,

when you have done this time to remove a head light ,first disconnect the multi plug then remove/loosen 4 torx screws two on the top can be seen on top of front panel then two on the lower rear of the light in the engine bay area ,the very top one on the slam panel remove all together ,the other three just loosed about three turns, then pull the headlight forward whilst turning it out wards (may take a bit of a wiggle but will come out easily )

now the scary bit when light is removed you need to cut out two mouldings on the light to reveal the lamp holder ad audi decided not to do this for some reason

02-rear.jpg

you need to remove E and D in the picture i removed these using a craft knife very carefully cutting right up to the inner lip (be careful as wires are very close underneath) this is fairly easy as the plastic is not very thick ,when you remove this piece you will see the bulb holder just twist anticlockwise around 45 degrees and the bulb will pull out replace with led and refit ,do this for both lamps , audi do a rubber cap to cover this cut out but i replaced the plastic i had cut out and sealed up with black silicone .

Refit light in reverse order of above making sure the locating slot at the bottom lines up (will be obvious when you are doing it ) then replace the 4 torx screws and repeat for other headlight ,then replace centre plastic slotting it into grill and replacing the 4 torx screws .

hope this helps

dav

hi, what was the front indicators bulb type?

hi, what was the front indicators bulb type?

I'm sure that I worked out that the front indicator bulbs are P12190, maybe check that type out? I'm guessing that you have had a bulb failure or white light showing through the orange coating?