A4 B8 Black Edition Avant - audi roof bars and box wanted

Fireyjack

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for roof bars and box for by A4 Avant black edition.
Does anyone know the Audi part codes, OEM equivalents or even have any for sale?

Many thanks,

Tim.

I have the OEM bars. I got them half price off ebay. They had literally been used just once :)

However I wouldn't pay full price for them. They howl when there's nothing on them from about 40mph even with the rubbers in. I only have them on with a top box and then there's no problem.
It depends what you're after and your budget but Car Roof Boxes | Bike Racks | Roof Bars - The Roof Box Company are excellent.

I got my Kamei box from them and it's been great. I went for the painted version and it still looks like new three years on.

Mines the Corvaro 390

Top%20Box%203.JPG

Roof_box.JPG

Someone else got a Dolphin 470 and I personally think it's too long for the A4 given the bar separation and length of car.

Roofbox_470.jpg

I have the Thule kit. I like it, its easy to put on, looks good and is very versatile. I also have Ski carriers along with the bike racks and box. I fitted both bikes and the box by using the T screw rather than the clamps

003_zps28eedb63-1_zps4fb224fc.jpg

DSC04413_zps5b4b28de-1_zps85dc1270.jpg

Thule for me too, bargains to be had on eBay as well. I'm sure the audi OEM ones are great but unless you can get them discounted I'd look at cheaper alternatives.

Not sure whether this pic will load from photoshop, but I've got a set of genuine B8 Avant bars for sale as they don't fit my new A4 Allroad ....
lo08uup1_zpsae7e6a65.jpg

lo08uup2_zps31768984.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - the rear suspension looks well loaded before you've even loaded the passengers!

I have a Thule 500 sport box which is now surplus to requirements, good for ski trips.

Audi roof bars and I concur with Scotty, very noisy, but its even worse with the four carriers THULE PRORIDE 591 BIKE RACK/BICYCLE CARRIER | eBay.

What sold it for me was the ease of installation. I can get everything on including the 4 bikes, locked within no time at all. The roof bars are much better designed than the Audi bars I had for my previous saloon.

Audi roof bars and I concur with Scotty, very noisy, but its even worse with the four carriers THULE PRORIDE 591 BIKE RACK/BICYCLE CARRIER | eBay.

What sold it for me was the ease of installation. I can get everything on including the 4 bikes, locked within no time at all. The roof bars are much better designed than the Audi bars I had for my previous saloon.

I'm confused with what you are saying here, are you saying that the Audi bars are noisy but they are very easy to install and just as good if not better than other after market ones?