new b8 owner

davsa4

Reaction score
had the b6 cabriolet , then moved to b7 tdi , just picked up this little beauty its a 2.0tsfi se model

IMG_2185_zps307224be.jpg

IMG_2186_zpse9e891c4.jpg

IMG_2188_zps3f0445f2.jpg

IMG_2189_zps95d5d8d5.jpg

got a few ideas in mind for it ,but it is a totally different car to the b7 tdi

thank you i have always been a black car man but decided to go a different route with this one .

Very nice car !

Have you get any plans in mind with it ?

yes mate going to lower with eibach sportsline kit as i had this on my b7 and it was awesome ,getting 19' alloys but not sure which ones yet ,also going for leather interior .

cheers dav

Congrats matey, looks lovely! We picked up our new (to us) B8 today as well :cool:

cheers ,dont know how you feel but its a totally different car to the b7

Completely agree, it's nice that the steering wheel is the same (thicker rim) but yeah otherwise a completely different car and much better for it! I can't drive for 6 months so can't speak from experience but my wife says it feels bigger and heavier although the power is the same as she's used to...

There isn't as much space in the boot to 'hide' things like we had in the B7 i.e. we used to keep the re-useable Sainsburys bags under the false floor along with an umbrella and other crap that I didn't know we had (or needed).

The standard speakers are a significant improvement on the old Bose system which I always felt was lacking in clarity and depth. The stereo is nice to use too and I like the fact it's much more of a 'computer'

Seats are nicely familure but benefit from more leg room all round although I wouldn't say the Alcantara is as good quality!

All together it makes for a lovely package and feels more 'grown up' - maybe a few areas for improvement but nothing significant or any worse than before.

ive managed to grab some pics this morning so will start a new thread for them rather than cross posting in here.

definitely feels a bigger car and the steering is much lighter and has much more feedback to the driver ,will see how it differs when i sit it on its **** and stick some bigger rims on .

dav