Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: new b8 owner

1st Gear

Status

Cool new b8 owner

had the b6 cabriolet , then moved to b7 tdi , just picked up this little beauty its a 2.0tsfi se model

got a few ideas in mind for it ,but it is a totally different car to the b7 tdi

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is there somefin in my teef?

Status

new b8 owner

Beautiful looking car matey, nice1 ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    thank you i have always been a black car man but decided to go a different route with this one .

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice car !

Have you get any plans in mind with it ?
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    yes mate going to lower with eibach sportsline kit as i had this on my b7 and it was awesome ,getting 19' alloys but not sure which ones yet ,also going for leather interior .

cheers dav

6th Gear

Status
    Looking forward to seeing the result
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

VAG Addict

Status
    Congrats matey, looks lovely! We picked up our new (to us) B8 today as well
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

1st Gear

Status
    cheers ,dont know how you feel but its a totally different car to the b7

VAG Addict

Status
    Completely agree, it's nice that the steering wheel is the same (thicker rim) but yeah otherwise a completely different car and much better for it! I can't drive for 6 months so can't speak from experience but my wife says it feels bigger and heavier although the power is the same as she's used to...

There isn't as much space in the boot to 'hide' things like we had in the B7 i.e. we used to keep the re-useable Sainsburys bags under the false floor along with an umbrella and other crap that I didn't know we had (or needed).

The standard speakers are a significant improvement on the old Bose system which I always felt was lacking in clarity and depth. The stereo is nice to use too and I like the fact it's much more of a 'computer'

Seats are nicely familure but benefit from more leg room all round although I wouldn't say the Alcantara is as good quality!

All together it makes for a lovely package and feels more 'grown up' - maybe a few areas for improvement but nothing significant or any worse than before.

ive managed to grab some pics this morning so will start a new thread for them rather than cross posting in here.
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

1st Gear

Status
    definitely feels a bigger car and the steering is much lighter and has much more feedback to the driver ,will see how it differs when i sit it on its arse and stick some bigger rims on .

dav