EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By riggssuzuki

Thread: Is this a good remap for an A4 - 2.0 TFSI quattro?

  1. #1
    Gio G's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25

    Is this a good remap for an A4 - 2.0 TFSI quattro?

    dyno.jpg

    No idea what the 2.0 TFSI will produce stock on the rollers, however how does this graph compare for HP and torque? It is a stage 1 map running on normal unleaded? I also hear that DD rollers sometimes understate the figures..

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,121
    Mine is supposed to be running at 305 Bhp but im not sure.
    0-60 5.5
    50-70 2.5
    0-100 12.6

    My car will not run off normal unleaded or Tesco 99 Momentum or else it will just start hesitating whilst accelerating so i have to use Shell V Power unleaded.
    262.2 Bhp sounds good and ABT + MTM do it to around 270 Bhp.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  4. #3
    Gio G's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25
    Thanks Dynamik,

    Really looking for comparisons of rolling road figures for a stage 1 map, rather than marketing figures.

    Does anyone have a real life comparison against the likes of Revo, Unicorn or the DTUK etc..

    Thanks G

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    21
    Go to the APR web site, they will answer most of your questions.

  6. #5
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    50-70 2.5
    The most pertinent figure It must be an overtaking machine!!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  7. #6
    Daggerit's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    900

    Is this a good remap for an A4 - 2.0 TFSI quattro?

    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    The most pertinent figure It must be an overtaking machine!!
    That's what I said! Haha.

    My 3.0 Tdi 245 with a tuning box only does it in 3 seconds so very impressed with 2.5!
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  8. #7
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    The most pertinent figure It must be an overtaking machine!!
    Yeah it is ! It can do 75 in 2nd Gear before i have to change over to third.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  9. #8
    chrisa4quat's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    897

    Is this a good remap for an A4 - 2.0 TFSI quattro?

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Yeah it is ! It can do 75 in 2nd Gear before i have to change over to third.
    What car is this? What mods?
    Imola Yellow A4 DTM. Retro fit cruise and arm rest.
    Contact Admin to advertise please

  10. #9
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa4quat View Post
    What car is this? What mods?
    2011 Brilliant Red A4 Dynamik Saloon Manual 2.0 Tfsi Quattro, Stage 1 Revo Remap
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  11. #10
    Gio G's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25
    Dynamik, you should get it on the rolling road and prove these statistics to everyone. Back to my original question - does anyone have real rolling road figures for a Stage 1 remap, to see how it compares with the graph in the OP? Seems lots have had a remap on here done, therefore did not think this was too difficult to get?

  12. #11
    hughjass's Avatar
    Is there somefin in my teef?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    staffordshire
    Posts
    289

    Is this a good remap for an A4 - 2.0 TFSI quattro?

    I found this with a google search if relevant;

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356974126.329871.jpg

    Sorry if it isn't. ;-)

  13. #12
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio G View Post
    Dynamik, you should get it on the rolling road and prove these statistics to everyone. Back to my original question - does anyone have real rolling road figures for a Stage 1 remap, to see how it compares with the graph in the OP? Seems lots have had a remap on here done, therefore did not think this was too difficult to get?
    So basically you dont believe what i claim and have tested various times ?

    And you say real, Do you not believe me ? Why would i lie about something like that ?

    I in-putted in this thread to help you not for you too imply that im fake when i give you some genuine statistics.

    And i don't need it on a rolling road because there has already been a car like mine at Revo for the same map as what i have got ans there is a rolling road graph Stating The Bhp Figures etc... I will try and have a look around for it. Mine is supposed to be a Stage 1
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 31st December 2012 at 20:24.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  14. #13
    Daggerit's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    900

    Is this a good remap for an A4 - 2.0 TFSI quattro?

    I think that there's maybe been a bit if confusion actually...

    Gio is looking for real world figures but thought that Dynamic was just quoting marketing figures. Those are times that he's clocked in his car rather than read off the web so really it's as 'real world' as you're gonna get. Obviously doesn't include a rolling road readout but still some good input I'd say.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  15. #14
    Gio G's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25
    Dynamic - I don't think you're a fake. Just curious if anyone else has done a rolling road based upon a stage 1 map. Seems allot of people stay away from the rollers, as they may be dissapointed with the results. However this for me is the probably the ultimate way to understand if a map is successful or not. I am sure someone will come along soon with some data of their own car.

  16. #15
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958
    I'm keen to see a dyno of a Revo map ... especially if it includes the boost pressures.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

  17. #16
    riggssuzuki's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Scotland
    Posts
    444
    All i can say is that i am experiencing similar results on my dynamik wth the stage 1 REVO remap. Its a very strong map!!!!


    2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

  18. #17
    Gio G's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    I'm keen to see a dyno of a Revo map ... especially if it includes the boost pressures.
    Yes, I would like to see this too. Would be great to see all the maps on a dyno at some point...

  19. #18
    riggssuzuki's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Scotland
    Posts
    444
    I think its about time 3 things happened.
    1. When you get a map done get it dyno'd even if its just to shut people up.
    2. If you are happy with what you have then it matters nowt what thers think.
    3. People need to stop second guessing others. IF you dont like it or believe it then tough titties thats your issue no one elses.

    I have a stage 1 REVO map and personally i am happy with it whether or not it makes what REVO says well thats another story. I like it and it feels good.
    Daggerit likes this.


    2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

  20. #19
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958
    How can anyone recommend a product if they don't know what it's doing to their engine? We all know engines can be tuned and sometimes they can be overtuned so that longevity of components is compromised.

    Getting a dyno would demonstrate the facts about it. It could win over a lot of people or it could could demonstrate a dangerous level of tuning. Wouldn't you want to know?

    I generally have dyno's of my cars and also of my motorbikes done whether they've been tuned or not. It's simply a good check to do.

    The other reason is some people like smooth power and some like it peaky. People just saying they like it doesn't help other people decide if it's the one they'd like to invest in. A dyno graph can show clearly how the map performs and therefore people can make educated decisions.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

  21. #20
    Gio G's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    How can anyone recommend a product if they don't know what it's doing to their engine? We all know engines can be tuned and sometimes they can be overtuned so that longevity of components is compromised.

    Getting a dyno would demonstrate the facts about it. It could win over a lot of people or it could could demonstrate a dangerous level of tuning. Wouldn't you want to know?

    I generally have dyno's of my cars and also of my motorbikes done whether they've been tuned or not. It's simply a good check to do.

    The other reason is some people like smooth power and some like it peaky. People just saying they like it doesn't help other people decide if it's the one they'd like to invest in. A dyno graph can show clearly how the map performs and therefore people can make educated decisions.
    Could not have said it better myself... I feel as a bunch of enthusiasts, we should be keep the tuning companies honest, by benmarking their products, the only real consistent way is a rolling road. As you can't argue with the facts.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a good quote for a clutch and flywheel fitted on my tdi170?
    By Gates in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd August 2012, 23:33
  2. Where i can locate a good engine for an A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180 BHP (AKE)
    By seanr in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20th July 2011, 18:33
  3. Is this a good price for Black Diamond discs and Ferodo pads?
    By DJ_Troopa in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 6th May 2010, 21:49
  4. is this a good price for this part?
    By Adam-D in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10th February 2009, 17:36
  5. Am I being stung?? Is this a good deal for 2001 S3
    By Maz in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 9th January 2005, 21:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO