EM TuningAH Fabrications
    VAG Addict

Status

Heater controls display a '3' on start up

Hi guys, had a quick search and can't find an answer. We looked at a nice B8 yesterday to replace our B7 but one thing I noticed was the heater controls displayed a '3' on the drivers side heater controls on start up.

Is this a fault code? And, if so any ideas what it could mean?

going back to do a deal at lunch time so if anyone can help this morning I'd be very grateful...

TIA
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAG Addict

Status
    Not the overwhelming response I'd hoped for to be honest lol

Anyway, did the deal and pick this up Monday

2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

5th Gear

Status
    Give people a chance !
    Has the rear passenger door been resprayed? Or is it shadow.

VAG Addict

Status
    It was tongue in cheek mate, I didn't expect a quick answer but thought I'd try my luck anyway...

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way, and my apologies if it didn't come over the way I meant it

Think/hope its just the light... I took a couple of snaps so will upload them and have a closer look!

5th Gear

Status
    No worries, if you have vcds i would plug it in and scan it yourself, personally I dont trust anyone/dealers.

VAG Addict

Status
    Unfortunately I don't have VCDS but if anyone in Surreydoes and can help scan it for faults and code the needle sweep I'd be very grateful.

Here's the snaps I took today - dirty from the test drive but better pics than the one I posted from the advert!

5th Gear

Status
    Those pics are much better, side looks ok. Look on the vcds users map to see if anyone is local to scan it.
    I know of a member on here who bought a Car from Audi and it had been very badly damaged. He even had hpi report saying it had never been in a crash, once scanned it had 6 crash sensors and airbags replaced.

2nd Gear

Status
    Virtually every used car in a main dealer will have had paint. Otherwise how come they have no stone chips on the bumper or bonnet?

That NSR door should have been blended in to the neighbouring panels, take it back and ask them to make a better job or it will haunt you forever. Most bumpers take on a different shade, but an odd panel on the side is just wrong!

VAG Addict

Status
    Think the doors ok to be honest and its just the light in the pic... Won't know until Monday though so no point worrying about it!

Neutral

Status
    Has it got heated seats as mine displays a number 1 to 6 depending on what setting drivers side heated seat is set to!
    61 Plate Audi A4 Saloon Black Edition 2.0 TDI 170 in Lava Grey

6th Gear

Status
    Slightly sorry,

Before i got my car i went to Leeds Audi to have a look at a well specced low mileage Blue A5 coupe 3.0 Tdi Quattro and when i got there it was parked up at the side, with all the side smashed in, all the wheels scraped and chunks missing out of the tyres, stone chips, scratches, so i walked away and the salesman told me "We will Repair it before Sale" I wouldn't have peace at mind knowing it has been like that before i bought it, god knows what it has been driven like before i bought it !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status
    is the 3 not just the fan speed?

VAG Addict

Status
    Well we got the car home this evening in the dark so no pics unfortunately... Still no clearer on the '3' but I've noticed that the air con was re-gassed in December 2011 and again in may 2012 (5 months later). Sounds like its had an issue so whether this relates or not is anyone's guess. Maybe it is the fan speed but I've not noticed it happen again. Certainly a bit of a mystery!

checked the warranty out in detail though and if there are any problems with the air con it will get sorted under our policy so its not a major concern.

Car drives and goes very well, feels tight and is so much quieter inside than our B7 ever was. Chuffed to bits with it! Will be up early to give it a clean and grab some pics so watch this space for an update!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Either heated seat level or fan speed indicator.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK