2.0tdi clutch problem??

ASC

Reaction score
Hi folks
Just chatting to my father in law about a supposed clutch problem on his 2009 2.0tdi S Line A4 50k on the clock. He reckons the car wouldn't start one morning, no sign of any slipping or juddering before hand in the weeks leading up to this. Anyway, local inde Audi approved garage thought it was some clutch sensor which they replaced but no joy. They are now apparently replacing the clutch. I see from a couple of other threads there is a problem with this model. Does any of this sound right enough? What about mileage 50k out of the clutch? Car's out of warranty so he's having to pay for all this.
Any info greatly appreciated..
Cheers

About right.I have a 2009 170bhp 2.0tdi whose clutch started juddering at 20k.Audi couldnt find anything wrong with it as it was sporadic (typical) still doing it at 34k.They are just shyte clutches Im afraid

Just replaced my mrs a4 b8 clutch & flywheel the car only done 80000. £550 bill not happy about it.

Mine went at 22,000 6 days before the Audi warranty expired!!! Clutch was slipping, rev needle going up but car speed not matching needle sweep. Felt very lucky with this one but first gear is still very sticky if you go from 2nd to 1st with any engine speed and sometimes from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks for the replies folks..

The weird thing is my father in law reports absolutely no slipping or juddering before this happened, the car seemed fine..
I just hope this indi garage isn't clutching at straws and is away to replace clutch when in fact there's FA wrong with it!

Thanks again.

Audi dealer diagnosed seized Flywheel! They're replacing clutch and bearing too..
Surely a flywheel should go longer than 50k no!?? Father in law now hoping for a good will gesture.. what you think?

Mine has been juddering since 30k miles. Audi dealer says there's nothing wrong. It is worse after a long (2hr plus) run and the car is hot. I'm just waiting for it to completely fail in April when the car comes out of warranty, although they've already been trying on the fair wear and tear clause!