Interior Lighting

Gixser07

Reaction score
Hi Guys<br><br>Was wondering if anyone knows how difficult it would be to retro fit interior lighting, as I cannt believe that audis dont come these fitted as standard.<br><br>I am looking at trying to install the vanity mirror front and rear footwell lighting.<br>Not sure if the door lights work as all the doors have light lenses but as yet not seen them work, so I will have to take them out to see if there is any wiring, if there is not how easy would they be to retro fit.<br><br>

I agree, I think it's amazing that they don't come with vanity and map reading lights as a very minimum!

Anyway, I'd say that t8ups is your man to speak to about the retrofit. I'd try him in the first instance and see what he's saying. :)

Interior lighting pack is one of the best extras you can order if you ask me

Sounds weird but when you have a gloomy Black Edition interior it does make a difference

33BC243B-8A5E-4707-853B-3145E713A5B5-10954-0000068DDE52B11C.jpg

I actually like the look of the red. That said, the white footwells with the red instruments in the middle and then the white in the roof again breaks things up nicely. :)

I did have white I there at first. However the footwell lights come on whenever the headlights are on and I got sick of illuminating all the crap in my footwell, stones, leaves, dirty shoes and pedals etc.

The red gives a nice warm glow and with the government trying to save a few quid on the leccy bill and switching off motorway lights they are not too "in your face" to the extent that you have to have them dimmed very low or even switched off.

Lots have friends have commented on how good it looks. Pictures don't do it justice. I recommend it

Yeah I think when I eventually get a new Audi I will make sure I get the lighting pack. I do like the look of your footwells.

Interesting, mine only come on with the interior light so it isn't so bad. :)

Check out my retro fit guide in my signature for the door lights and glove box light.

i did do front and rear footwell lights as well. It's not too hard basically plugging a repair wire in a control module and coding. Can't remember which one but if I get chance over Christmas I will check Elsawin. I also retro fitted door handle lights which was very easy. Vanity mirrors looked straight forward but cost of sun visors too expensive. Any questions on it please let me know.

cheers

Neil

Also have a look at AudiEnthusiasts Home for More info. The footwell lights can be programmed from mmi. Might need activating waith VCDS. Search for more info

would love to get this done.footwell lights look brilliant.any guides would be appreciated on these

Hi Neil

Thanks for that, you have done a couple of good guides, and I will check out that Audienthusiasts

t8ups is your man. Got my kit from him and is fantastic quality and a good price.
Got more to come from him in the new year when i get my **** into gear ! ! ! !

This is a pretty easy retro-fit, the kit for the footwell lights can be bought from Bold-Sport.com :: Footwell Light with Connector Housing it is then a case of coding the CECM with VCDS, the puddle lights and door open warning light are just as easy to do as well, I did the lot on SWMBO’s TT (as well as the ambient lighting - red LED’s in the light housing)

LED footwell, LED puddle and OE W5W marker lights
IMG_0473.jpg

2x 3mm (5000MCD) LED’s in the interior light housing & footwell lights dimmed to 20%
IMG_0472.jpg

Do you know if they do the Audi Lamps and and connectors?

does your TT have the VW looms and lamps like on the website?

Thanks

The lamps and connectors are the same across the VAG range, TBH it wouldn’t really matter anyway as they supply OE lamps with OE plugs on the end of the looms, the CECM controller is also the same across the VAG range (bear in mind they changed the CECM on the MY10 IIRC cars).

I built my looms myself from ‘repair wires’ and plugs sourced from TPS, simply because I already had 5 OE lamps (so needed to buy just one), but if you need to buy the whole kit then it is actually cheaper to get the kit from bold sport… I also only found out about the kits after I had done the retro-fit.

The Lamps on the website are from VW's. Audi lamps are differant, i know they produce the same light with the halogen but i prefer to use the Audi lamps which has a differant connector and lamp. if you look at the glove box lamp in your TT its differant to that in the pic as well as the connector.

i even swapped the footwell looms from a MK6 to take Audi looms as the lamps are slightly better in my opinion.

We will agree to disagree on this then.

I used a variety of Audi, VW and Škoda lamps, the only difference I noticed was the Audi ones have rounder corners for the lens and IIRC smaller (or was it larger) connectors, the light output (all using the same LED’s) was no different, if anything the OE boot light in the TT is the worst one of the lot.

If I was using them where they would have been on show then I would have matched them to the OE one.