3.0 TDI Quattro suspension problems

Gixser07

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this forum and audi's, I have recently bought a 3.0TDI B8 which has been lowered by the previuos owner but still on the original shocks, it was a touch on the low side for me, as it would not go over speed humps without scraping the bottom, so after taking some advise I replaced the springs for Apex 30mm all round to raise the ride hieght so t would clear the speed humps but still be lower as I liked look of the car being lower, with the car being lowered the front wheels camber is negative, I am wanting them to be vertical, I have taken to a place to sort it out, but they have said they can't alter it (This garage has all the latest kit), they told me that the reason for this is because the car has been lowered.

I have seen cars on this forum that have been lowered, some lower than mine and the front wheels are vertical, also for what some people have said they have lowered them by i.e lower springs than mine.

My questions to you good people is;

1) What could be causing my car to be sat so low, would I need new shockers, can standard shocks be re-gased?
2) How can I get my front wheels to be vertical, will I have to raise the ride height?

Thanks

Only the rear wheels of a B8 have camber adjustment from factory.

Because the front suspension is double wishbone, the only way I could possibly see of changing the camber is by swapping out the top wishbone for a longer unit. The only issue with that is the camber change rate during bump and cornering will have been changed so could have detrimental effects on the handling.

On McPherson setups you can get camber adjustment bolts but that won't work on our cars. Maybe someone else knows of another method?

Hi

I believe there genuine, they are 19" rotary alloys with 235/35 tyres, would this make a difference if they werent genuine

Interesting because my 19" rotors (definitely OEM) run 255/35 tyres...