S4 Dyno'd and detailed

Spr0cket

Reaction score
So I have never invested in a proper detailing service before however the phantom black paint on my used S4 was showing plenty of swirling and general neglect, so I decided in warranted a bit of correction and care from someone more versed in such topcis than I.

Got to say Lee at LNS in Farnham did a top job. Surface is like glass and upon collection had optical clarity to match!

DSC 0541 small

DSC 0601 small

Delighted with teh detail I then took it over for a quikc power run on the dyno to check what the APR remap was giving me. Have to say pleased with the results given this is 95 grade fuel (company pays for it and get's upset if I buy the good stuff). APR remap, pulley upgrade and a pipercross filter are only upgrades. Stock reached around 348, map activated 424.

So the lower line is the stock mapping and the upper lines are with the APR 95 map and fuelling.

S4 Dyno1 small

Any problems with the piper cross filter? Is it a cone filter or panel? Any pics and part numbers would be useful to me.

I thought the suggested power for that stage2 setup is closer to 460-480bhp and 420bhp is stage1?

Filter is a standard cylinder affair. Not really sure it adds any benefit as there's so much surface area to the stock paper filter anyways. Didn't worry about part number, just called Awesome and they took care of getting me the right one.

In terms of the power - I was a little curious though dyno owner suggested that the delta between stock and mapped was "healthy" and that the stock map showed to be extremely lean on the run, likely due to the s/c pushing more boost than stock? I would have thought that factory parameters could allow for that given different air density at temps etc but I am not an expert.

So does the Stage 2 APR make it a better option than say MRC, Revo or GIAC stage 1 - tough to say, however till someone else offers an upgrade path beyond just ECU map then APR was the only option.

Brodster:1727005 said:
Stock is normally about 330 bhp for an S4 so you've nearly got 100bhp out of 1 remapping session.........Im speechless.

No, a stock B8 will typically be 350PS, maybe a little more.

Spr0cket:1728269 said:
Filter is a standard cylinder affair. Not really sure it adds any benefit as there's so much surface area to the stock paper filter anyways. Didn't worry about part number, just called Awesome and they took care of getting me the right one.

In terms of the power - I was a little curious though dyno owner suggested that the delta between stock and mapped was "healthy" and that the stock map showed to be extremely lean on the run, likely due to the s/c pushing more boost than stock? I would have thought that factory parameters could allow for that given different air density at temps etc but I am not an expert.

So does the Stage 2 APR make it a better option than say MRC, Revo or GIAC stage 1 - tough to say, however till someone else offers an upgrade path beyond just ECU map then APR was the only option.

MRC Tuning do a pulley now. Although I think you would have achieved more than you have with their remap only, even on 95ron fuel. They have published many B8 S4 dyno plots on their Facebook page and they are all strong.

Has your car been to an Audi dealer since the power mods - if so was there a reaction?