EM TuningAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

S4 Dyno'd and detailed

So I have never invested in a proper detailing service before however the phantom black paint on my used S4 was showing plenty of swirling and general neglect, so I decided in warranted a bit of correction and care from someone more versed in such topcis than I.

Got to say Lee at LNS in Farnham did a top job. Surface is like glass and upon collection had optical clarity to match!

DSC_0541_small.jpg

DSC_0601_small.JPG

Delighted with teh detail I then took it over for a quikc power run on the dyno to check what the APR remap was giving me. Have to say pleased with the results given this is 95 grade fuel (company pays for it and get's upset if I buy the good stuff). APR remap, pulley upgrade and a pipercross filter are only upgrades. Stock reached around 348, map activated 424.

So the lower line is the stock mapping and the upper lines are with the APR 95 map and fuelling.

S4_Dyno1_small.jpg

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Stock is normally about 330 bhp for an S4 so you've nearly got 100bhp out of 1 remapping session.........Im speechless.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Neutral

Status

S4 Dyno'd and detailed

Any problems with the piper cross filter? Is it a cone filter or panel? Any pics and part numbers would be useful to me.

Neutral

Status
    I thought the suggested power for that stage2 setup is closer to 460-480bhp and 420bhp is stage1?

1st Gear

Status
    Filter is a standard cylinder affair. Not really sure it adds any benefit as there's so much surface area to the stock paper filter anyways. Didn't worry about part number, just called Awesome and they took care of getting me the right one.

In terms of the power - I was a little curious though dyno owner suggested that the delta between stock and mapped was "healthy" and that the stock map showed to be extremely lean on the run, likely due to the s/c pushing more boost than stock? I would have thought that factory parameters could allow for that given different air density at temps etc but I am not an expert.

So does the Stage 2 APR make it a better option than say MRC, Revo or GIAC stage 1 - tough to say, however till someone else offers an upgrade path beyond just ECU map then APR was the only option.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit GSB1's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster:1727005
    Stock is normally about 330 bhp for an S4 so you've nearly got 100bhp out of 1 remapping session.........Im speechless.
    No, a stock B8 will typically be 350PS, maybe a little more.
    Present: Ice silver B8 S4 s-tronic saloon (standard)
    Past: Agate grey B5 S4 saloon (MRC tuned)
    Hers: Volcano red 8P A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI CR 170 sport quattro

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit GSB1's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr0cket:1728269
    Filter is a standard cylinder affair. Not really sure it adds any benefit as there's so much surface area to the stock paper filter anyways. Didn't worry about part number, just called Awesome and they took care of getting me the right one.

In terms of the power - I was a little curious though dyno owner suggested that the delta between stock and mapped was "healthy" and that the stock map showed to be extremely lean on the run, likely due to the s/c pushing more boost than stock? I would have thought that factory parameters could allow for that given different air density at temps etc but I am not an expert.

So does the Stage 2 APR make it a better option than say MRC, Revo or GIAC stage 1 - tough to say, however till someone else offers an upgrade path beyond just ECU map then APR was the only option.
    MRC Tuning do a pulley now. Although I think you would have achieved more than you have with their remap only, even on 95ron fuel. They have published many B8 S4 dyno plots on their Facebook page and they are all strong.

Has your car been to an Audi dealer since the power mods - if so was there a reaction?
    Present: Ice silver B8 S4 s-tronic saloon (standard)
    Past: Agate grey B5 S4 saloon (MRC tuned)
    Hers: Volcano red 8P A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI CR 170 sport quattro