Needle sweep

Soft lad

Reaction score
I recently borrowed an A5 that had the needle sweep but after asking my pathetic dealer who told me 2 other things were not possible, they said my model doesn't do it or can't be told to. Anyone know why Audi can't do it?

How old is the car?

Does it have the red or white DIS? I believe (certainly true of every car I have activated it… or tried to) that the car needs the white DIS.

All b8 a4s can have the needle sweep enabled regardless of age

Audi won't do it as its not considered an official retrofit or not approved by Germany or something.

When you turn the ignition on the dials sweep from start to finish once.

YouTube search - Audi a4 needle sweep

use vcds (Vagcom) and go to instruments, then long coding helper and tick needle sweep. Easy as that.

If you don't have it look around the site for someone near you who would do it either free or for a nominal fee.

Gizmo, it's a 62. When you say red or white, are you referring to like the radio station names etc? Mines mostly yellow.

Ah a 62 will have the feature, I was referring to the DIS in the instrument panel (between the speedo and rev counter) from around 2009 they are all white.

Whereabouts are you? Someone with VCDS can enable this in a few mins.

How do the vagcoms work ? Do plug them into your laptop ?

As a genuine seller & advertiser of this forum, give me a shout if you are interested in purchasing vcds :)