AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Morning lads,

Just thought that I’d pop up a post to outline the continual improvement and customer service that I’ve experienced with Andrew at DTUK.

I bought a DTUK tuning box a while ago for my car (3.0TDi 245PS) and was really enjoying it but had mentioned to Andrew that most of the maps that gave decent gains were a bit too aggressive for the driving that I generally do and that on one occasion the EML had appeared when booting it.

After a couple PMs Andrew called me and we sat and discussed the general maps and some of the experiences he’d had over the years with them on various cars. We chatted for about 45 minutes and by the end of it there were two new maps created that we thought would be more progressive but still deliver really good gains. Another point he raised is that by changing the voltage increase created by moving the pins to +1, +2 or +3 it can eliminate the EML appearing because some cars just don’t like the value that you end up with after increasing the fuelling but could actually go higher.

In the end he sent me a new box with the maps we’d discussed on them to try out. It’s now been on my car about a week running one of the maps on +3 (the maximum additional fuelling and actually higher than when the EML come on the one time) and I feel much better about the power delivery and the fact no EML has appeared at all. There is so much torque that I looked down at one point to see where the revs were because the car was accelerating like sh*t off a shovel and I was only at 2,000! I couldn’t believe it!

Anyway, I just thought I’d pass along my good experiences because sometimes all you hear about it the negative stuff for people and their products.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Evening Dan, how are you finding the new files?

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

4th Gear

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Still really good! Tried map 3 but decided I still like map 2 the best. That tweak at the higher voltages has meant the power doesn't tail off a bit after 4k either. So awesome all in all!

Status

Impressed with DTUK

I've sent some revised maps to a couple if 3.0 240ps owners too, do hopefully they'll be as happy

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ABYSS View Post
    I've sent some revised maps to a couple if 3.0 240ps owners too, do hopefully they'll be as happy

Can an end user update their own box with these files or do you have to return the box to DTUK?

Thanks

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslope View Post
    Can an end user update their own box with these files or do you have to return the box to DTUK?

Thanks
    The box needs to come back to us for a reflash

1st Gear

Status
    Got my box back yesterday, thanks for the great service, unfortunately I can't say the same for Audi and the warranty work (sd slot swap out) means they now need the car until Tuesday, so I won't be testing the new maps for a while. Might get chance on Thursday.
    A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Phantom Black, 19" 20 Spoke Alloys, Valcona with Heating and Memory, Tech Pack High, Privacy Glass, B & O, AMI, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear blinds, Tyre Pressure Monitors, Power Tailgate, Phone Prep Low.

3rd Gear

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Bhp??

4th Gear

Status

Impressed with DTUK

No idea mate, I'd be guessing in the 270-280 region but tons of torque. Will have to get it on the rollers at some point.

3rd Gear

Status

Impressed with DTUK

We need to have some fun with it. Against the s3 on a "private road" 😉

4th Gear

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Haha. I think that Crail would be a slightly better place... Your car is monumentally better on the brakes! You see my car's arse end twitching the first couple corners last time we had a play?!

Neutral

Status
    QUOTE=ABYSS;1713267]I've sent some revised maps to a couple if 3.0 240ps owners too, do hopefully they'll be as happy [/QUOTE]

Hi Andrew,

Got the box back on Saturday, so cheers for that.

The only problem now is ........... I'm going get done for speeding, ha ha.

massive improvement over first box. It came on map 2 plus 1 so just tried that first - little improvement but not massive, then tried plus 2 on map 2. This is what I'm after. From standing it fookin flys. Just out normal driving I've hit the limiter twice because the revs have gone up quicker than expected.

I was getting 40 - 43 mpg as well, tbf I was diving like miss daisy sub 2000 rpm gear changes but that will do for me.

Think the other map that was changed judging by the graphs was 4, so I'll try it but it will have to be good to beat map 2 plus 2. Might try + 3 tomorrow.

Excellent service,

Cheers again.
    Last edited by Richie333; 8th November 2012 at 13:17.

Status

Impressed with DTUK

Glad to gear you're a happy bunny