Does the b8 S4 3.0T Drink oil?

Fast3000

Reaction score
Just doing some research before a potential buy.....does the new S4 drink oil like some Audis doo?

Hi,

I've had mine for 6 months, done 3500 miles and the oil level on the in car display has gone from full to half over that distance. By that I mean it is half way down its safe level - not half empty. I have yet to top up to see how much oil this equates to.

I've had mine from new for 6th months, this week the oil level was down to about a 3rd over the minimum level on the mmi so I added 1/2 of a litre which brought it back up to just over 3/4s above the minimum.
I may look into getting a dipstick from the dealer just to reassure me that there is oil in there!

Just doing some research before a potential buy.....does the new S4 drink oil like some Audis doo?

The short answer is no. I've had mine for ten months ( 2009 plate) and have not noticed a thirst for oil. For example, from central Scotland to central France and back with two or three hundred miles while over in France, a total of 2000 miles, it required a top up of less than a litre of oil.

The short answer is no. I've had mine for ten months ( 2009 plate) and have not noticed a thirst for oil. For example, from central Scotland to central France and back with two or three hundred miles while over in France, a total of 2000 miles, it required a top up of less than a litre of oil.

Sounds like a great trip, did the car behave?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Sounds like a great trip, did the car behave?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Yup! Lucky enough to have a 'second' home over there. Usually go out about three times a year...... especially summer! The S4 has done the trip 3 times since I bought it with no problems at all, in fact it loves the empty roads! The only damper has been the incredibly high kerbs in most towns, but I've learned my lesson now although the 19" wheels don't look as good as they once did! Still Christmas is on the horizon, so who knows..............................

some do some dont
some alot more than others

Yup! Lucky enough to have a 'second' home over there. Usually go out about three times a year...... especially summer! The S4 has done the trip 3 times since I bought it with no problems at all, in fact it loves the empty roads! The only damper has been the incredibly high kerbs in most towns, but I've learned my lesson now although the 19" wheels don't look as good as they once did! Still Christmas is on the horizon, so who knows..............................

I'm jealous. Those kerbs would be any car lovers worst nightmare, especially with the misses at the wheel!

I've had mine from new for 6th months, this week the oil level was down to about a 3rd over the minimum level on the mmi so I added 1/2 of a litre which brought it back up to just over 3/4s above the minimum.
I may look into getting a dipstick from the dealer just to reassure me that there is oil in there!

i asked about a dipstick for mine but was told they weren't available. My dad asked for me as he works there so I don't know exactly what that means but I'd say it was to the public? There is a tube for them and they are definitely available because a mate of mine had to call the breakdown service with his car and he said the guy in the van had various different dipsticks for different models. They must use them to check oil level I would have thought. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

Mine doesn't drink much oil either. 2010 plate 19K miles still have some oil in the original complimentary oil Audi offered when I picked up the car. only topped up half a litre may be for the past 2 years.

I had to put a pint in after 4000 miles, so not to bad. Its on a 09 plate with 40k on the clock.