B&O sound system problem

golfather1

Reaction score
Hi everyone

just need to ask quick question, does B&O sound system in a4 b8 have 2 subs or just one on the front?

When I play music in rear speakers there is no bass but front is fine. I checked my Mrs Se model b8 & her B&O system sound much louder & bass is spot on front & back.

I took the car to Audi they change some kind of sensor under warranty but still that didn’t make any deference. But before I go back again I want to be sure that there is a problem.

Thanks for your help in advance

Eh?
Theres only one sub.In the avant its in the spare wheel well, and the saloon is on the rear shelf.What do you have a saloon or avant???!!

Eh?
Theres only one sub.In the avant its in the spare wheel well, and the saloon is on the rear shelf.What do you have a saloon or avant???!!

Its a saloon mate, if its in rear, i am not getting any bass from rear.

Maybe a lose connection on the sub or an amp connection or a fuse or the sub's blow or the amp or .. or .. or..

Many possibilities. I take it you've moved the fader all the way to the rear to test it?

Strange that Audi did something and gave it back not fixed. Didn't you test it there and then with them?

If it's under warranty just take it back. If they say it sounds fine then just get them to let you both in another A4 with B & O for comparison.

Maybe a lose connection on the sub or an amp connection or a fuse or the sub's blow or the amp or .. or .. or..

Many possibilities. I take it you've moved the fader all the way to the rear to test it?

Strange that Audi did something and gave it back not fixed. Didn't you test it there and then with them?

If it's under warranty just take it back. If they say it sounds fine then just get them to let you both in another A4 with B & O for comparison.

thanks for your help mate, I was getting late for something & i didn't get chance to check that time, But car is booked for some paint work under warranty so ill tell them to check it again for me :icon_thumright:

The guys with saloons will help you out with whether the access to the sub is easy or not....According to etka its in the middle of the shelf.If you can get to the speaker connectors, take them off and see if theres a differance.If its under warranty there shouldnt be a problem.Take some reggae with you to demo before you leave the dealers.

The guys with saloons will help you out with whether the access to the sub is easy or not....According to etka its in the middle of the shelf.If you can get to the speaker connectors, take them off and see if theres a differance.If its under warranty there shouldnt be a problem.Take some reggae with you to demo before you leave the dealers.

Yeah, it's on the parcel shelf, just slightly offset to the left as you look in from the boot. Look under the shelf and you should see the grill for the sub.

I always take a disc etc with two tracks to demo any hi fi.Both really show off the whole sound range esp the bass.Both are really clean recordings and are my standard.Make sure they are at 320kbps or wav.Guaranteed to show up any flaws.
1.Linton Kwesi Johnson - Reality Poem
2.Wally Badarou - Endless Race.
Available from spotify, free if you have replay music.Or me if you want them e mailed.

I always take a disc etc with two tracks to demo any hi fi.Both really show off the whole sound range esp the bass.Both are really clean recordings and are my standard.Make sure they are at 320kbps or wav.Guaranteed to show up any flaws.
1.Linton Kwesi Johnson - Reality Poem
2.Wally Badarou - Endless Race.
Available from spotify, free if you have replay music.Or me if you want them e mailed.

That's great mate PM on your way :yahoo:

ill let you guys know how i get on with Audi

thanks