Selling my B8 S4 Avant

jlillington

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to sell my B8 S4 Avant at the mo, advertised on the forum here, and was also looking for a bit of advice on how good autotrader is. I've already advertised on pistonheads.com as £10 for a premium advert for a month seems very reasonable but autotraders 45 sterling pounds seems a little outrageous for no input from a salesman! Has anyone had a good experiences from the selling point of view or got any other suggested places to sell?

....or fancy buying it!? It is a sweet motor and I'll be sad to see it go :crying:

That's a nice car and i bet you're gutted to see it go, that seems a bit cheap to me but then I'm biased. Pistonheads seems like a good place to sell but £30000 is a lot of money for private buyers and most people spending that kind of money now adays tend to buy from dealers. Have you considered trading it in?
Good luck with the sale.

great car, someone will be very happy buying! I'm new to S4s but I'm in the market for one and have been trawling autotrader for the last few months for all s-tronc S4's. Your price is bang on average listed price for a 2011 model although yours is generally higher spec than most.

I think you should definitely put it on autotrader. £45 might sound like a lot but you're paying for access to thousands/millions of people all over the country who will see your add, not much at all compared to the $30k you're looking for

good luck!

Recently i sold my sons car on Autotrader, it quite fast for a reasonable price, although if i were you i would upload some photographs of the interior aswell :)

Thanks for the replies. I put it on autotrader but actually went for the Internet 6 weeks option cos I think that will be better looked at. Good point about the interior and I have them on the pistonheads and autotrader adverts.

*crossed fingers* Hoping someone wants it!

just saw your car on autotrader when i was browsing some s4's ;)
Have you had a service yet ? maybe you could mention service history, condition.
I must say it is a very nice looking car, before my Dynamik i nearly bought a Imola Yellow B8 S4.

I would do but i would buy i new one if i did, the new ones do abit extra on fuel, but i would prefer an A6 Bi-Turbo anyway.
I can claim more tax back off the Diesel from my Business as it is also less on emissions and it they are just as fast.

Good luck with the sale mate... from my own experience I have always found PH to be the best place to sell cars. So long as they appeal to a petrol head they will get the most interest on there.

We recently tried to sell a dull Astra on Auto trader. It was a good spec (heated leather, low miles) and I priced it as one of the cheepest for its age and condition. 2 weeks passed and no calls. I even dropped the price making it the best value on there for week 2 and still no interest. Not even a phone call!

I appreciate it was a Vauxhal Astra and there are literally hundreds available but I expected more than just a couple of emails from Uganda offering me monies for a quick transaction and collection by the buyers brothers aunts dogs sisters best mate!

Dont think I'd waste my money on there again!

Anyway as I say, all the best with the sale. Car looks lovely in red and should demand a lot more interest than a boring Astra... I know I'd like it but there's plenty of reasons (according to my wife) why we dont need an S4! :think:

I second johnnythepie! Much prefer red to the imola. AD I'm sure the new s4s are slightly more efficient on paper but its probably the wrong car to be eyeing up if you're worried about efficiency! I prob average about 28mpg on a run which is pretty good imo. Although you'd save yourself incredible amounts of money buying 1year old compared to the fuel you'd save...see the hard sell I'm going for here?!

Dubdemand I defo agree on autotrader. I tried to sell my last B7 S4 on there at a very reasonable price at the time and all I got in the 6 weeks it was on there was a bloke who completely waste my time saying he could pick up a 55 plate (3years ago) for 10k. I wondered what planet he was on at the time, so I thanked him for his kind call and told him where to go! Idiot...

And forgot to mention, it does say immaculate condition ;) and no hasn't had a service yet as its only done 11500m. I believe the first is at 18k.