• 1 Post By riggssuzuki
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik

Thread: Squeak from drivers side pillar

Ash

Status

Question Squeak from drivers side pillar

Hi Guys,

Got this annoying squeak that is level with my right ear, seems to be coming from the front of the pillar about where the seat belt adjuster is, I have given it a bash/tap to try and replecate it when stationary but it does not do it, only does it when driving and when it has vibration from the road?

Weird thing is it does not do it all the time?

Any idea's or common things in that area that anyone knows about, before I take the panel off and have a nose?
    Last edited by AshA4; 5th October 2012 at 20:47.

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    have you tried silicone lubricant spray, holts or Audi Spray, Spray it on your window rubbers, the stuff i clean my car with is a high actively concentrated and when comes in contact with the window rubbers around the top of the door it rattles/squeeks.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    have you tried silicone lubricant spray, holts or Audi Spray, Spray it on your window rubbers, the stuff i clean my car with is a high actively concentrated and when comes in contact with the window rubbers around the top of the door it rattles/squeeks.
    Cheers fella, you know I was starting to think deals as I have noticed it does not do it in the dry, only in the wet

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AshA4 View Post
    Cheers fella, you know I was starting to think deals as I have noticed it does not do it in the dry, only in the wet
    I have a similar squeek, it seems to be the door itself. With my door fully open, I can replicate the squeek if I push back on it gently.

Seems the door needs tightened according to the dealer.

2nd Gear

Status
    Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.
    AshA4 likes this.

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.
    Same with me.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html

Reverse Gear

Status

Squeak from drivers side pillar

Which brand do any of you recommend?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedesi View Post
    Which brand do any of you recommend?
    Holts in a little can, just spray it on, or go to your Audi dealer and ask for some, they charge you about £8 though but if the car is new they should give it you for free, they give it to me for free, just tell the salesman who dealt with you about it and he will make sure you get one for free.
    The Auto Glym Rubber and Vynl works aswell.
    AshA4 likes this.

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Cheers

Ash

Status

Neutral

Status
    I had a squeak which sounded like it was coming from the same place as you, it turned out that a screw had come loose at the bottom of the door panel and it was the door panel squeaking

6th Gear

Status

Yeah that will be fine
    spray it round all the door rubbers and make them greasy, and let me know how you get on.
    AshA4 likes this.

Ash

Status
    Yeah that will be fine
    spray it round all the door rubbers and make them greasy, and let me know how you get on.
    Will do mate cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
    cheers

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
    cheers
    My squeek comes back from time to time after all the polish etc.. on the window rubbers, i just give them a quick spray and there fine again for abit.

2nd Gear

Status
    My squeek comes back from time to time after all the polish etc.. on the window rubbers, i just give them a quick spray and there fine again for abit.
    +1

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    cheers
    Not done this yet, too busy (I know poor excuse) but I am gonna get some silcone spray and do it before crimbo, the squeaks are only there in the wet so def got to be the rubbers

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had the same problem.
    the noise was coming from inside the cover from the seat belt lever adjustment.
    you can remove the cover easy..
    i just used a bit of rubber on the lever mechanism, i can't explain how it works with words, but it is easy to find the squeak with the cover out.

so don't rush to the shop for the Audi spray before you check that.

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    I had the same problem.
    the noise was coming from inside the cover from the seat belt lever adjustment.
    you can remove the cover easy..
    i just used a bit of rubber on the lever mechanism, i can't explain how it works with words, but it is easy to find the squeak with the cover out.

so don't rush to the shop for the Audi spray before you check that.
    Cheers mate, was gonna check that out but as it only "squeaks" when it is wet I am putting it down to the door rubbers, not that I have pulled my finger out and done them yet though

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers mate, was gonna check that out but as it only "squeaks" when it is wet I am putting it down to the door rubbers, not that I have pulled my finger out and done them yet though
    Keen to know if you got to the bottom of the squeak? I have had this noise for over a year now and no amount of silicon has cured it.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
    Keen to know if you got to the bottom of the squeak? I have had this noise for over a year now and no amount of silicon has cured it.

this is the stuff you want absolutely fantastic stuff ,used on cabriolet seals to replenish them and it is fantastic stuff.

RUBBER DOOR SEAL,REVIVER,EI​NSZETT GUMMI PFLEGE,SUIT,MGF​,BMW,TT,AUDI,CLK,MX5. on eBay!
    dav

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davsa4 View Post
    this is the stuff you want absolutely fantastic stuff ,used on cabriolet seals to replenish them and it is fantastic stuff.

RUBBER DOOR SEAL,REVIVER,EI​NSZETT GUMMI PFLEGE,SUIT,MGF​,BMW,TT,AUDI,CLK,MX5. on eBay!
    dav
    Thanks for the tip. I have ordered up the recommended stuff.

Cheers

Ash

Status
    Just a quick update, I put some WD40 on the drivers side door rubbers and the squeaks are gone

Reverse Gear

Status
    I look at mine the other day. Was sure it was the plastic shiney door trim, shoved some sponge into it and it seems to have gone.

I might pick up a tube of that just in case!