Chris NottBadger5
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By riggssuzuki
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik

Thread: Squeak from drivers side pillar

  1. #1
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193

    Question Squeak from drivers side pillar

    Hi Guys,

    Got this annoying squeak that is level with my right ear, seems to be coming from the front of the pillar about where the seat belt adjuster is, I have given it a bash/tap to try and replecate it when stationary but it does not do it, only does it when driving and when it has vibration from the road?

    Weird thing is it does not do it all the time?

    Any idea's or common things in that area that anyone knows about, before I take the panel off and have a nose?
    Last edited by AshA4; 5th October 2012 at 20:47.

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,113
    have you tried silicone lubricant spray, holts or Audi Spray, Spray it on your window rubbers, the stuff i clean my car with is a high actively concentrated and when comes in contact with the window rubbers around the top of the door it rattles/squeeks.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  4. #3
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    have you tried silicone lubricant spray, holts or Audi Spray, Spray it on your window rubbers, the stuff i clean my car with is a high actively concentrated and when comes in contact with the window rubbers around the top of the door it rattles/squeeks.
    Cheers fella, you know I was starting to think deals as I have noticed it does not do it in the dry, only in the wet

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by AshA4 View Post
    Cheers fella, you know I was starting to think deals as I have noticed it does not do it in the dry, only in the wet
    I have a similar squeek, it seems to be the door itself. With my door fully open, I can replicate the squeek if I push back on it gently.

    Seems the door needs tightened according to the dealer.

  6. #5
    riggssuzuki's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Scotland
    Posts
    444
    Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.
    AshA4 likes this.


    2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

  7. #6
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.
    Same with me.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    19

    Squeak from drivers side pillar

    Which brand do any of you recommend?

  9. #8
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedesi View Post
    Which brand do any of you recommend?
    Holts in a little can, just spray it on, or go to your Audi dealer and ask for some, they charge you about £8 though but if the car is new they should give it you for free, they give it to me for free, just tell the salesman who dealt with you about it and he will make sure you get one for free.
    The Auto Glym Rubber and Vynl works aswell.
    AshA4 likes this.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  10. #9
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by riggssuzuki View Post
    Door rubbers. Lubricate them. Noise will go. I had the same. Thought the door needed tightened but there is no adjustment. Applied silicon lubricant to the door seal and the noise stopped. Have to do it once every few months.
    Cheers

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  11. #10
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  12. #11
    Jenkobenko's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    61
    I had a squeak which sounded like it was coming from the same place as you, it turned out that a screw had come loose at the bottom of the door panel and it was the door panel squeaking

  13. #12
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by AshA4 View Post

    Yeah that will be fine
    spray it round all the door rubbers and make them greasy, and let me know how you get on.
    AshA4 likes this.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  14. #13
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Yeah that will be fine
    spray it round all the door rubbers and make them greasy, and let me know how you get on.
    Will do mate cheers

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  15. #14
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
    cheers

  16. #15
    Audi Dynamik's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
    cheers
    My squeek comes back from time to time after all the polish etc.. on the window rubbers, i just give them a quick spray and there fine again for abit.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.



  17. #16
    riggssuzuki's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Scotland
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    My squeek comes back from time to time after all the polish etc.. on the window rubbers, i just give them a quick spray and there fine again for abit.
    +1


    2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

  18. #17
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    Ash, did you every get this fixed. Following a trip to the dealer all seemed well....then it came back. I seem to think it is the shiny plastic part that runs the height of the window, on the outside of the door......any ideas?
    cheers
    Not done this yet, too busy (I know poor excuse) but I am gonna get some silcone spray and do it before crimbo, the squeaks are only there in the wet so def got to be the rubbers

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  19. #18
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13
    I had the same problem.
    the noise was coming from inside the cover from the seat belt lever adjustment.
    you can remove the cover easy..
    i just used a bit of rubber on the lever mechanism, i can't explain how it works with words, but it is easy to find the squeak with the cover out.

    so don't rush to the shop for the Audi spray before you check that.

  20. #19
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    I had the same problem.
    the noise was coming from inside the cover from the seat belt lever adjustment.
    you can remove the cover easy..
    i just used a bit of rubber on the lever mechanism, i can't explain how it works with words, but it is easy to find the squeak with the cover out.

    so don't rush to the shop for the Audi spray before you check that.
    Cheers mate, was gonna check that out but as it only "squeaks" when it is wet I am putting it down to the door rubbers, not that I have pulled my finger out and done them yet though

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  21. #20
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by AshA4 View Post
    Cheers mate, was gonna check that out but as it only "squeaks" when it is wet I am putting it down to the door rubbers, not that I have pulled my finger out and done them yet though
    Keen to know if you got to the bottom of the squeak? I have had this noise for over a year now and no amount of silicon has cured it.

  22. #21
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
    Keen to know if you got to the bottom of the squeak? I have had this noise for over a year now and no amount of silicon has cured it.

    this is the stuff you want absolutely fantastic stuff ,used on cabriolet seals to replenish them and it is fantastic stuff.


    RUBBER DOOR SEAL,REVIVER,EI​NSZETT GUMMI PFLEGE,SUIT,MGF​,BMW,TT,AUDI,CLK,MX5. on eBay!
    dav

  23. #22
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by davsa4 View Post
    this is the stuff you want absolutely fantastic stuff ,used on cabriolet seals to replenish them and it is fantastic stuff.


    RUBBER DOOR SEAL,REVIVER,EI​NSZETT GUMMI PFLEGE,SUIT,MGF​,BMW,TT,AUDI,CLK,MX5. on eBay!
    dav
    Thanks for the tip. I have ordered up the recommended stuff.

    Cheers

  24. #23
    AshA4's Avatar
    Ash

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    193
    Just a quick update, I put some WD40 on the drivers side door rubbers and the squeaks are gone

    B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

  25. #24
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9
    I look at mine the other day. Was sure it was the plastic shiney door trim, shoved some sponge into it and it seems to have gone.

    I might pick up a tube of that just in case!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Squeek from drivers side mostly after braking.
    By Molnboman in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th June 2012, 16:26
  2. Rattling noise from front driver side
    By sanj_c in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th December 2010, 23:33
  3. Rotational Rattling Noise From Drivers Side Front Wheel...Please help!
    By Nickpap in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 3rd February 2010, 21:04
  4. strange whirring noise coming from drivers side front wheel
    By bigblokey0 in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30th March 2007, 23:37
  5. Rattle from drivers window...
    By adamhill in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 9th September 2006, 18:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO