Voice Commands not working

Mad-Dog

Reaction score
Hi all, i was hoping someone can help me with using the voice command system. I have tried and tried to save a new listing to the phone book but cannot get the system to store the name and number.
With the voice command "store new" it asks for the name, twice. Then the number. It understands the number then says please proceed. Options are Store, Cancel, Back or add more numbers. But when I say "store" it adds *4. The only command that seems to work is "back" It will read out the number and then says please proceed again. But no matter how many ways or times i try and say store it just won't store. Anyone else had this problem?

don't even think mine works. When I say phonebook or call Steve, it says phonebook is empty

I have Voice Commands and they are no use if they are working anyway for example, "Call John" .... Calling "Bryan"
arrr

Mad-Dog,

If yours is an '09 then it's possible you have the 2G system (which would do voice dialling etc but no control of radio, nav etc unless you bought the optional Voice control package) or the later 3G (which included full voice control).

I'll assume it's the former as the later seemed much more capable and less likely to have these sorts of issues.

I had this system to 6 months and found it quite good but also fairly limited. You have to record a voice tag for each entry (3G onwards you dont). Also the number you could have wasn't massive.

Have you gone through the voice training? I think this was an option on the 2G.

Do you have a strong accent that maybe the systems struggling with?

Hi ScoTTy,
I assume it is the 2G system because when I say help it only gives me the commands available for the phone. It is strange that it understands the save new contact command, all the numbers, back, and cancel no problem. Even with my Aussie accent. My english wife has tried it too and it still wont go past the *4 instead of store command. I had a ten minute argument with the car which it ended up winning and said cancel and the radio came back on. It doesn't understand the multitude of swear words i screamed at it either! Somehow for F*@k sake is +22??
Its not that difficult to use the manual controls, just fancied getting it working just because its there.

Ive had mine for three years now, and havent set it up yet as i couldnt be *****.I only press the butoon and when she talks i tell her to take her panties off.she replys 'pardon'...cracks me up every time.Having read this post i think ill get it working properly.Ill let you know how it goes.

The 2G wasn't that good at voice recognition. Even my old phone (Nokia 6300 I think) had better voice dial. Rather than working out what you've said and comparing it to what it expects "John Smith" to sound like, it you voice tag the contacts then it will match much better.

If there's voice training (there is on 3G but don't remember on 2G) then it's worth doing. Do it for each key/profile that you use? i.e. once for you and once for your Mrs.

I didn't use it much on 2G as I couldn't be bothered to tag all my regular contacts. On 3G it works as you'd expect and hence I use it a lot more.

Hi I just had a play with my voice recondition and managed to store some nunumbers

you select phone book with the left hand side control on steering wheel scroll down to the number you want to save
And then press the voice button on the right hand side it then beeps and you say STORE then it asks for you to say
the name then repeat the name then it will tell you the number is stored . You need to do this for every number you
want to store

To call one of your stored numbers press the voice button and after the beep say SELECT NAME it repeats the name in your
voice then you say CALL and that's should be it

hope this helps

I've just stored 3 names and numbers in using the method you used at the start of the thread MadDog, seemed to work fine so don't know what to suggest really.

Thanks vangoo, I'll try that later.

Well I just had another go at it. Saying Store with the most ridiculous American accent worked! haha. I think vangoo's method is quicker and more straight forward. I will give that a go for the other numbers.

Hi I just had a play with my voice recondition and managed to store some nunumbers

you select phone book with the left hand side control on steering wheel scroll down to the number you want to save
And then press the voice button on the right hand side it then beeps and you say STORE then it asks for you to say
the name then repeat the name then it will tell you the number is stored . You need to do this for every number you
want to store

To call one of your stored numbers press the voice button and after the beep say SELECT NAME it repeats the name in your
voice then you say CALL and that's should be it

hope this helps

+1 this is the easiest way to do it, just use voice tags for phone book entries :)
I did it this way as I too could not get it to "store" at then end.