Dent in Door Mirror Housing

Trev241

Reaction score
Driving home today when a stone few up from passing car putting a small dent in the mirror housing. Rang dealer thinking £30 or £40 should get me a new one. QUOTED £267. Where the hell do these people get the prices from ?

Looks like the dent will have to stay, although I am now thinking if I can remove the housing I may be able to massage the dent out which will look a lot better than it does now.
Anyone know how easy it is to strip down the mirror to get the housing off, any help would be appreciated.

That price was for the housing.

Stones really annoy me ! :mad:
Dent Repairs are sometimes cheap depending on what panel they are on, on Doors they are about £50 for a good job of dent removal, Get a couple more quotes from your local Paintwork garages.

Thats price is wrong mate, completely show me the damage, I may have one available for you here :)

B8 changed from dumbo to the now current on A5 aswell so could be either.

It's the Ali housing for B8 S4 not the painted one.

That seems extremely steep though! The best part of £160 difference?! Wow... Why not just buy a pair of the normal ones and paint them in matt silver to match the Ali versions? ;)

Ah just seen your sig says S4, lol.

Show me the damage mate, I maybe able to get one for you cheaper.

Ah just seen your sig says S4, lol.

Show me the damage mate, I maybe able to get one for you cheaper.
Just had another look and and dent is not as bad as I first thought, if it could be touched up with something of a similar colour maybe I could live with it.
I have been told that Ali mirrors are nicked regularly even from dealer forecourts no wonder they are so expensive.