AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Ash

Status

Question Auto lights, normal working or summit up?

Folks,

Quick question on auto lights, hope this makes sense

Got my car lights set to auto.

So day time DLRs (LEDs) are always on regardless, if I go through tunnels etc then the main xenon’s come on and the headlight switch illuminates the side lights and main beam symbols along with all the console lights coming on (including the sub lighting) this is the same when it gets dark or is dark.

The strange thing is when it is starting to get dark, raining or low light, I have noticed the xenon’s are on but the side light symbol only is illuminated on the light switch but no console or sub lighting, until it gets darker and then all of this comes on.

Is this normal, as in the sensor knows that it is dark enough to put the xenon’s on but the interior console lighting does not need to be on yet, some sort of energy saving thing?

If I switch the light switch manually to side lights then the DLRs stay on (bit dimmer) but no Xenons obvioudsy until I manualy put the switch to main beam (again all the consoel and sub lighting comes on)

Thoughts?

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    No idea, I'll see if I'm driving about and get this happening and update you... It's not just that the console lights are turned down and you can't tell they're actually on during the 'twilight' time or something silly like that?
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    That's how mine works, mostly the interior stuff switches to night mode after the headlights get switched on, noticeable going through a tunnel as the interior lights and nav nevergo into night mode.
    A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Phantom Black, 19" 20 Spoke Alloys, Valcona with Heating and Memory, Tech Pack High, Privacy Glass, B & O, AMI, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Panoramic Sunroof, Rear blinds, Tyre Pressure Monitors, Power Tailgate, Phone Prep Low.

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    No idea, I'll see if I'm driving about and get this happening and update you... It's not just that the console lights are turned down and you can't tell they're actually on during the 'twilight' time or something silly like that?
    No mate they are tunred up full, can see them easily when lit, it seems liek an inbetween setting.

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

Ash

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by toastyhamster View Post
    That's how mine works, mostly the interior stuff switches to night mode after the headlights get switched on, noticeable going through a tunnel as the interior lights and nav nevergo into night mode.
    Through the tunnel by me the lights come on and so do all the console lights as they would if it is dark.
    This is in low light or rain, just the main beam going on (lighst set to auto) but not the console or interior lights (only the side light symbol is illuminated) if I manually turn to side lights the main beam goes off, put it back to auto in low light or rain and the lights come on again but no console lights, soon as it gets a bit darker all the console lights come on as if in night mode.

I am sure it is how it is meant to work as it is consistent, as I said it is like it knows it is overcast or low light so the main beam need to be on but no need for "night mode" as we call it on the interior console or sub lighting.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes this happens on the 8P aswell, nothing to worry about imho.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK