Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Angry Dynamik Returns to Audi yet again !

Hello,
    It all started off a few months ago when i noticed that side skirts on both sides on my Dynamik just before the rear wheels became loose and started to come off (Picture 3 but now is repaired), so i phoned Blackburn Audi up they came and collected my Car dropped me a little A3 off and returned with my car 3 days later, When my car arrived only one side skirt had been stuck back on to the car , the other side skirt was still loose and the same as it were when they collected it so i sent them back with my car to get it done and they returned the next day with it all done and i was then happy.
    Just cleaning it today I have noticed that on the passenger left side at the rear of the wheel (Picture 1) the side skirt is loose and not fixed to the car, the other side is fixed to the car (Picture 2)
    The First Picture is the loose one where you can see the Skirt is not attached to the black plastic. the Second Picture shows that the Skirt is fully attached to the plastic but it may not be clear because there is a bit of dirt there haha ! and the Third Picture is the rear skirt just before the back wheel which i have had problems with in the past but is now repaired.
    I have had it since 1st May 2011 and it has only done 13200 Miles !
    038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg

Hopefully they will give me there Black A6 Bi turbo (i was in Last week) for a courtesy car.
    A6 Bi Turbo
    Also the Wife's 59 January 10 A5 Cab is going back because the Stop Start does not work at all and recently a little warning message pops up on the dash about the battery, it Has only done 23,500 Miles !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Reputation given for the best answer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I wont be getting the A6 Bi Turbo for a courtesy car as it is a demonstration Management Car :L
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 17th September 2012 at 22:07.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.

Ash

Status
    Have they sorted the skirts then, or are they sorting them?

B8 A4 Avant 2.0 TDi 143 | S-Line Executive | Lava Grey | Privacy Glass - Auto Dim/Fold Mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    Its going back on the 8th October and they have booked a courtesy for a whole week, my wife's is going back aswell.

6th Gear

Status
    They edges of the rear spoiler is now coming off and i have not the rear right door is not fully in line and doesn't look like it is shut properly when its shut, another few problems to add to the list !

2nd Gear

Status
    So your honeymoon period with the Dynamik has passed?

2011 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro Dynamik. IBIS White.

6th Gear

Status
    well, im not over the moon put it that way, but it will be done soon

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Hello,
    It all started off a few months ago when i noticed that side skirts on both sides on my Dynamik just before the rear wheels became loose and started to come off (Picture 3 but now is repaired), so i phoned Blackburn Audi up they came and collected my Car dropped me a little A3 off and returned with my car 3 days later, When my car arrived only one side skirt had been stuck back on to the car , the other side skirt was still loose and the same as it were when they collected it so i sent them back with my car to get it done and they returned the next day with it all done and i was then happy.
    Just cleaning it today I have noticed that on the passenger left side at the rear of the wheel (Picture 1) the side skirt is loose and not fixed to the car, the other side is fixed to the car (Picture 2)
    The First Picture is the loose one where you can see the Skirt is not attached to the black plastic. the Second Picture shows that the Skirt is fully attached to the plastic but it may not be clear because there is a bit of dirt there haha ! and the Third Picture is the rear skirt just before the back wheel which i have had problems with in the past but is now repaired.
    I have had it since 1st May 2011 and it has only done 13200 Miles !
    038.jpg039.jpg040.jpg

Hopefully they will give me there Black A6 Bi turbo (i was in Last week) for a courtesy car.
    A6 Bi Turbo
    Also the Wife's 59 January 10 A5 Cab is going back because the Stop Start does not work at all and recently a little warning message pops up on the dash about the battery, it Has only done 23,500 Miles !
    Whats that black clip thing on your side skirt???? I dont have that on mine.

6th Gear

Status
    Erm im not too sure actually, its been back previously and they did take the side skirts off to fix them as they were coming off, maybe they have put them on aswell to keep it secure so it wont come off ? if they have it hasnt done a very good job, whatever Audi use to stick down the sideskirts and spoiler etc.. is **** !

6th Gear

Status
    Update:

The rear left door sill where the skirt is, that is also coming off, the car went back on Monday for it to be repaired.
    I am in contact with Audi Uk and the Service Manager of Blackburn Audi to make sure the car is perfect i complained to them that the car keeps going back for the same thing that has been repaired numerous of times.

Audi Uk and the Service Manager of Blackburn Audi have been very helpful about the problems with the cars and keep me updated every day about the progress. The Skirts etc will still be under warranty when it the 3 year runs out as it has been repaired numerous of times.

All of the jobs were completed today and was returned back to the dealer from the body shop only to find by the Service Manager that the body shop have not properly fixed a loose skirt.

The Service Manager has sent the Car back to the Bodyshop again for the repair, He is going to make sure it is fully right before it gets back to me. Apparently the problems i have had occurs on all the Dynamiks i am sorry to say :L my wife's A5 Cabriolet was picked up today for repair on the faulty Start Stop and the right hand side S-Line Skirt is loose.

I have now got 2 courtesy cars.

62 plate Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 Tdi 140 Bhp S-Line Saloon Manual Silver 500 miles
    (Very Slow) 12 Plate Audi A3 Cabriolet 105 1.6 Tdi S-Line Red with Red Roof 6800 Miles

If all these problems carry on i might have a look at the A6 Bi-Turbo
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 10th October 2012 at 21:27.

2nd Gear

Status
    Update:

The rear left door sill where the skirt is, that is also coming off, the car went back on Monday for it to be repaired.
    I am in contact with Audi Uk and the Service Manager of Blackburn Audi to make sure the car is perfect i complained to them that the car keeps going back for the same thing that has been repaired numerous of times.

Audi Uk and the Service Manager of Blackburn Audi have been very helpful about the problems with the cars and keep me updated every day about the progress. The Skirts etc will still be under warranty when it the 3 year runs out as it has been repaired numerous of times.

All of the jobs were completed today and was returned back to the dealer from the body shop only to find by the Service Manager that the body shop have not properly fixed a loose skirt.

The Service Manager has sent the Car back to the Bodyshop again for the repair, He is going to make sure it is fully right before it gets back to me. Apparently the problems i have had occurs on all the Dynamiks i am sorry to say :L my wife's A5 Cabriolet was picked up today for repair on the faulty Start Stop and the right hand side S-Line Skirt is loose.

I have now got 2 courtesy cars.

62 plate Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 Tdi 140 Bhp S-Line Saloon Manual Silver 500 miles
    (Very Slow) 12 Plate Audi A3 Cabriolet 105 1.6 Tdi S-Line Red with Red Roof 6800 Miles

If all these problems carry on i might have a look at the A6 Bi-Turbo
    Careful where you say this 'happens on all Dynamiks'........It doesnt. Hasn't happened to mine.

6th Gear

Status
    That's what i got told off the customer relations manager from Audi Uk.

6th Gear

Status
    Dynamik returned back to me today, well only for 2 minutes, one of the sideskirts is still loose ! so i sent it back, they have ordered a new side skirt and they will try again. They cleaned it and they said they will give me a free full tank of fuel aswell.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    id take it to a GOOD bodyshop
    get it fixed and charge audi.

6th Gear

Status
    thats exactly what i was thinking, if its not right next time i will take that ahead.

6th Gear

Status
    Audi ordered a new skirt, the car will be back to me tomorrow completed
    it will feel like a f1 car after driving around in a 1.6 Tdi A3 cab, i originally had the brand new a4 but because my wifes car is at audi for repair aswell and they gave her the a3 cabriolet she didnt like it so decided to drive around in the brand new a4 they originally gave to me !

6th Gear

Status
    Its Back ! :D all the repairs are perfect, but as soon as they drove off in the courtesy, i had to find a nice big chip on the bonnet !
    effing brilliant !

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    I hope you let them know.Might be worth in the future videoing your cars paintwork before you take it anywhere.Im paranoid, so if mine has to go any where it gets the 20th century fox treatment with the days daily paper in shot to prove the date.Extreme i know, but there are a lot of juan kerrs around
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

6th Gear

Status
    it will be alright, i will repair it myself, still not happy though.
    I once repaired one on my front bumper my self, keep touching up accurately make the paint higher than the level and rub it down and polish it down so its level, you cant really tell its a stone chip tbh.
    Its bound to get more chips this winter anyway with the gritters out and that, if it does i will just get the bonnet resprayed.
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 18th October 2012 at 18:28.

6th Gear

Status
    Read the story about my wife's A5 going back aswell !
    A5 Cabriolet Start Stop Broken.

6th Gear

Status
    Im so happy
    027.jpg
    Rear lip spoiler is loose again ...(For a change)
    The car has been back now 5 times for the bodykit coming loose and each time there has been more than 1 problem.
    Sent another email to Audi Uk and the Service Manager from Blackburn Audi about my car and i shall be ringing up tomorrow to get it booked in. AGAIN ... !
    Now up to 14,400 Miles.

6th Gear

Status
    The Service Manager himself from Blackburn Audi is coming himself to pick the Car up on Wednesday and he is taking it to a different bodyshop, if the spoiler still comes loose then they are going to use screws to hold it down like BMW and Mercedes does he claims.
    I have also asked if he can drop me off the Demo A6 Avant 245 Bhp glacier White with all the spec on and i can have a go in that, you never know what happens if i like it :0
    Last time it went back they also changed the tyre pressure sticker along with all the other jobs so now the tyre pressure sticker is correct.

6th Gear

Status
    The loose door sill before it went back last time.
    005.jpg

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    FFS. Its about time you told them to stick the car up thier arse!
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

2nd Gear

Status
    Who fits the dynamik kits, is it the supplying dealers body shop or audi?

Did you get this as a brand spanker i cant remember?
    V8 baby... oh yeah

6th Gear

Status
    Brand new from Audi with the bodykit fitted from new factory standard, 21 miles on the clock when i bought it !

2nd Gear

Status
    Just seems strange because if it was a factory build they would make a run of this model so you would expect a bad batch of dynamiks.
    Bad batch of mastic or incorrectly manufactured bodykit parts perhaps manufactured twisted and when bonded to your car are trying to twist back.

You would think it would be a common problem.

Are your front splitter or rear diffuser suffering any peal?
    V8 baby... oh yeah

6th Gear

Status
    the front splitter and rear diffusers are fine as far as i am aware of. The sideskirt was replaced last time it went back and the guy from Audi said there could of been a twist in it. I have seen some Dynamiks for sale and they have loose skirts etc.. aswell but some are fine for example Riggssukis Dynamik.

6th Gear

Status
    Car is back now, spoiler is good, they left me the A6 and i only managed to have a little go in it as i didn't have time but i was quite impressed with it. The aftersales Manager says "I thought this A6 was quick untill i got into this, you've had it remapped haven't you ? "

2nd Gear

Status
    I would have replied with "should you really be driving a customers car in such a manner that would make any performance enhancements apparent!" and then said you would be downloading the log from the gps logger and forwarding to audi uk.
    V8 baby... oh yeah

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin0478 View Post
    I would have replied with "should you really be driving a customers car in such a manner that would make any performance enhancements apparent!" and then said you would be downloading the log from the gps logger and forwarding to audi uk.
    Hahaha ;D

6th Gear

Status
    When i Phoned up and booked in for my repairs the lady on the other end of the phone asked me what is "Cod" for on the Plate so i told her that i own a Fish & Chip Shop and she said i had Fish and Chips for my dinner yesterday, and i said how much was it, she replied £4, i said £4 ?? mine is £4.70 and she replies then that explains why you have 2 Audi's hahhaaa

When the Guy brought my Car back i said to him " i was doing 147 on the M1 do you think that would of lifted my spoiler ? "
    He replies "No"
    Im surprised they even warranty my car for anything, they know its been remapped they know i drive it around like a fool, anyway its been back to the garage so many times when i turn up everybody at the Garage Knows me and names me "Red Cod"
    What is this world coming to ??

The Car is perfect now anyway and i hope it stays that way, fingers crossed, if not i will buy a new Audi and expect big discount haha.

This is Slightly off topic anyway !

1st Gear

Status
    I think the problem here is right at the beginning with the making of this special edition.

You just don't find stuff held on solely with glue on a mass production car. For example the side blades/skirts on the s-lines are held on with a clips and some glue to back the clips up. Spoilers are generally clipped and bolted on mass produced stuff.

I work in a body shop and I know how hard it is to fit these sorts of "kits" they never fit perfectly and the adhesive used can fail due to weather, pressure washing, detergents, etc etc.

I get the feeling this car will never stay perfect for long.
    2009 A4 B8 2.0 TDI SE + 2006 A3 1.9 TDI SPORT SPORTBACK

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tedward View Post
    I think the problem here is right at the beginning with the making of this special edition.

You just don't find stuff held on solely with glue on a mass production car. For example the side blades/skirts on the s-lines are held on with a clips and some glue to back the clips up. Spoilers are generally clipped and bolted on mass produced stuff.

I work in a body shop and I know how hard it is to fit these sorts of "kits" they never fit perfectly and the adhesive used can fail due to weather, pressure washing, detergents, etc etc.

I get the feeling this car will never stay perfect for long.
    Thanks for the useful info pal
    All of my bodykit has been stuck on with glue adhesive kind of stuff, they say if it goes wrong one more time they will get permission from Audi Uk to use Clips and modify it a little bit to get them right.
    The S-Line side Skirts are also stuck with that adhesive stuff too (Thats what ive been told from Audi)
    Just remember that this dynamik special edition isnt mass produced

6th Gear

Status
    15,500 Miles. The other side of the Rear spoiler has come slightly loose. It isnt massively and it wouldn't be worth sending back for but when it gets worse it is going back straight away.

2nd Gear

Status
    15,500 Miles. The other side of the Rear spoiler has come slightly loose. It isnt massively and it wouldn't be worth sending back for but when it gets worse it is going back straight away.
    Good grief...did they stick yours together with chewing gum?? I have been all over mine and have given every spiler, trim piece and anything else a good push, pull, kick etc but all seems ok to me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Any more advances........ have you suggested grip fill to Audi as that stuff sticks anything, or what did that bloke stick himself to the building with?????
    V8 baby... oh yeah

6th Gear

Status
    last time it went in it went back for the spoiler on the edge where it was loose so Audi took it to a different bodyshop and used different stuff and stuck the edge down solid, now the other edge on the spoiler is a tiny bit loose, i will leave it for abit and then book it in once again.