A4 - What no rear cup holder?

Bionicbone

Reaction score
Hi all,

I took delivery of a brand new Audi A4 2.0 TDi 177 SE Technik (UK model if that matters) last week and this weekend decided to go off for the day. Well, every good day starts with a McDonald's and this was no exception. Kids in the back and Coke flowing imagine my amazement when I heard the question, where the cup holder?

I'm sure on the demo model there was one hidden in the rear center armrest? Its even in the manual, although as the manual seems to cover lots of models its not too clear if the image shown covers my car.

Can anyone confirm if I have the correct armrest fitted?

It's an optional extra as is alot of stuff! You would have to have chosen the storage pack for 90 quid which comes with lockable glove box under seat storage and cup holders in centre arm rest!

Bugga, wish I had know that. Audi lent me one and they said that was the base model, so I ordered the base + heated seats. Can the armrest with cup holder be retro fitted easily?

yup.complete armrest

middle arm rest with cupholder in black 8T0 885 875 25D with black leather seats.Different last three digits depending on your trim

Last edited:
yup.complete armrest

middle arm rest with cupholder in black 8T0 885 875 25D with black leather seats.Different last three digits depending on your trim

You able to give any idea of price for these at all? I was amazed by this as well and the fact they don't give you any as standard is pretty crap... I suppose it's just the usual Audi making you pay for anything useful.

Yep, this and the light pack takes the pee!

Its not mega money, but money none the less.

You able to give any idea of price for these at all? I was amazed by this as well and the fact they don't give you any as standard is pretty crap... I suppose it's just the usual Audi making you pay for anything useful.

I never gave it a second thought, I just thought it would be standard stuff these days.

It would be nice to find out what I should be paying for the arm rest, also is it something I could fit myself? I'm noramally pretty handy at these things but I wounld'nt fancy striping all the back seat out and half the trimmings to do the job LOL.

Its a phone audi jobby....my etka doesnt always give prices.If you open your armrest about 2 inches, youll see two fixing screws on a hinge either side.These are the ones to remove.Its a tight squeeze but do able

Its a phone audi jobby....my etka doesnt always give prices.If you open your armrest about 2 inches, youll see two fixing screws on a hinge either side.These are the ones to remove.Its a tight squeeze but do able

Perfect, cheers for the info! :)

As I said, there are quite a few variations.Before parting with any cash id double check with the dealer....looks like they are like hens teeth on ebay, and i doubt if a srapper would have one that new.Plus they can tell the diff between black or grey.My old etka used to have all the prices and a VIN feature that by entering your vin number would tell you exactly what was on your car.They have tightened up on the new releases, so the unofficial etkas are knackered!

Haha, no worries then! They do seem to be tightening up on things like that in general don't they? I'll just have to make a trip to Audi then I guess! :)

I want one of these as well, nothing for a B8 in leather come up on ebay in the last three months or so, please let me know the price from Audi, else I'll probably pop in myself. Previous owner shelled out about 10k in extras and didn't bother with the storage pack.

Reactions: MIMechE
I have cup holders but never used them as the kids are banned from eating or drinking in the car i bearly let them breathe in it:blush:

I have cup holders but never used them as the kids are banned from eating or drinking in the car i bearly let them breathe in it:blush:

That's actually a really good point... I don't know who I'd trust enough to actually have a drink in the back seat...