JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandra

Thread: Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

  1. #1
    A4 or not to A4 ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    Looking at an A4 black edition saloon or avant ?
    hi new member so hope I am doing this correctly and sorry if it's been discussed before,

    Need some input guys, need to order a new company car within the next few weeks , and stuck between the a4 black edition saloon or avant, finished in black or white ?.. Help .
    I love the look of them both but are swaying to an avant in black ?


    Also if I get the 170 brake , has anyone used the dtuk boxes on company cars and are happy that they can't be traced ? Cheers John .

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,431
    Hi welcome to audi-sport.net. The guys will be along soon to give you advice. If you like meets/events come join us in the Scotland events section. I have added you to our Scottish Members list. Our next meet is at Edinburgh Audi on the 7th October, hopefully you can make make it. Enjoy the forum. x

    Scotland
    Hambee1234 likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  4. #3
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    It's gotta be a white avant, looks the mutts nuts with the titanium rotor wheels!
    On order: A4 Avant 2.0 TDi Quattro 177 Black Edition Daytona Grey
    Tech Pack High, Nappa, Phone Prep High, TV, Heated Seats, Light Pack, Hill Hold, Storage Pack, S-Line Sus

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    40
    i'm guessing its the standard black? if so i have read it is such a pain to keep clean.

    i opted for a ibis white one in a saloon

  6. #5
    A4 or not to A4 ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the replies guys and for adding me Sandra , I'm sure I will get the hang of the forum soon,
    white does look good ( wifes preference ) but not sure of the rotor wheels on the white , the wife also prefers the 5 spoke wheels that you can take on the black edition package . But not to be sexist it's my final call , but she is allowed an opinion ,lol .

  7. #6
    A4 or not to A4 ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6
    Standard black yeah, keep my costs down on options for the tax man !

  8. #7
    4th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kings Lynn
    Posts
    896
    Ibis White avant with 5 arm alloys TDI 170 - Win
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

    Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

  9. #8
    Smartpod's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    I have an Avant black edition in phantom black and it looks great and relatively easy to keep clean.
    I opted for the black over the white but I see a white one on my way to work and it looks great as well and I sometimes wish I'd went with white.
    You won't be disappointed which ever one you choose

  10. #9
    A4 or not to A4 ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6
    Hi smart pod , yours car looks very smart, and are the rear tints an option or not I can't remember ?
    Cant decide arghhh !

  11. #10
    Smartpod's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    Think they are standard on the Avant but an option on the saloon. I noticed on another post a guy just had his new black edition saloon delivered and it didn't have the tints.

  12. #11
    A4 or not to A4 ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6
    Yeah I seen that one , on the configurator it's not showing them as an option on the avant so I would assume they are standard ... I hope.
    Trip to dealers I think for confirmation.

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    standard on the avant, not available on the saloon.Have to go aftermarket
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  14. #13
    longp2's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    269

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    I have a Lava black edition avant, looks great when clean and dirty! The rotors are getting common now but they are a great wheel and very easy to clean.
    I prefer darker colours but the white looks really good.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346998166.220017.jpg
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

  15. #14
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartpod View Post
    Think they are standard on the Avant but an option on the saloon. I noticed on another post a guy just had his new black edition saloon delivered and it didn't have the tints.
    Yup, I think that might have been me. As Johnny says I confirmed with the dealership that privacy glass is not given on the BE saloons either standard or as an option. A bit annoying really...
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  16. #15
    A4 or not to A4 ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by longp2 View Post
    I have a Lava black edition avant, looks great when clean and dirty! The rotors are getting common now but they are a great wheel and very easy to clean.
    I prefer darker colours but the white looks really good.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346998166.220017.jpg

    Very nice car ! I think the black seems to be topping the polls , cheers for the input guys .

  17. #16
    longp2's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    269

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    Thanks and enjoy whatever colour you decide on
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

  18. #17
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Gotta be Daytona Grey with 7 spoke RS Alloys The Avant is a better looking car than the saloon (imho)

    Only Avant comes with tints on the Black Edition. The saloon would be need to be done by the dealer. They use Pentagon, but it is cheaper to go direct to them
    IMG-20120907-00326.jpg

  19. #18
    Mcdubber1's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Edinburgh
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by rizo9 View Post
    i'm guessing its the standard black? if so i have read it is such a pain to keep clean.

    i opted for a ibis white one in a saloon
    Yeah cos white is so easy to keep clean lol

    White does look better in BE IMO
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    40
    when i say clean i mean looking clean and shiney as black shows swirl marks much easier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdubber1 View Post
    Yeah cos white is so easy to keep clean lol

    White does look better in BE IMO

  21. #20
    longp2's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    269

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy511 View Post
    Gotta be Daytona Grey with 7 spoke RS Alloys The Avant is a better looking car than the saloon (imho)

    Only Avant comes with tints on the Black Edition. The saloon would be need to be done by the dealer. They use Pentagon, but it is cheaper to go direct to them
    IMG-20120907-00326.jpg
    Got to agree with you, would have liked mine in Daytona but sadly it's not available on the S4. I'm getting a set of 7 spoke RS 18" alloys to use for winter so I'm almost there!
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

  22. #21
    Mcdubber1's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Edinburgh
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by rizo9 View Post
    when i say clean i mean looking clean and shiney as black shows swirl marks much easier.
    Yeah I know I've had a few black cars and they show up every little imperfection. They look amazing all polished up but I use to get so annoyed with my black cars cos every time you wash them you find new marks in the paint, so annoying.

    White is the better choice in that respect definitely, it just doesn't look as good polished up!
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

  23. #22
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdubber1 View Post
    Yeah I know I've had a few black cars and they show up every little imperfection. They look amazing all polished up but I use to get so annoyed with my black cars cos every time you wash them you find new marks in the paint, so annoying.

    White is the better choice in that respect definitely, it just doesn't look as good polished up!
    yeah swings and roundabouts really.

    I was going to get a black one, but changed my mind last minute. 6 days to go

  24. #23
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by longp2 View Post
    Got to agree with you, would have liked mine in Daytona but sadly it's not available on the S4. I'm getting a set of 7 spoke RS 18" alloys to use for winter so I'm almost there!
    You could have had it as a custom colour at a cost of 2 grand!
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  25. #24
    longp2's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    269

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    You could have had it as a custom colour at a cost of 2 grand!
    That money went towards the sport diff and drive select! The wife would have had something to say about 2 grand for a different shade of grey! - Get it!
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

  26. #25
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,219
    lol.dont tell her.my new breitling watch according to her is 50 squid!.But i guess id take the sport diff and ds like yourself.Lava is nice though.Black is VERY high maintainance, im lucky to get an hour after cleaning before it dusts over
    Pass me my sock

    Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

  27. #26
    longp2's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    269

    Help with a4 black edition selection ( newbie)

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    lol.dont tell her.my new breitling watch according to her is 50 squid!.But i guess id take the sport diff and ds like yourself.Lava is nice though.Black is VERY high maintainance, im lucky to get an hour after cleaning before it dusts over
    As the saying goes "what they don't know doesn't hurt them!"
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

  28. #27
    Mcdubber1's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Edinburgh
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by longp2 View Post
    That money went towards the sport diff and drive select! The wife would have had something to say about 2 grand for a different shade of grey! - Get it!
    Got it!
    2009 B8 A4 2.0 TFSi in Misano Red - Shark Performance Stage 1 - Forge FMIC - Forge Diverter Valve - Eibach Spotline's

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2005 Audi A3 TSFI S-Line Sportback Quattro *With 2011 Black Edition Conversion*
    By 1750bulldog in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Cars
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th August 2012, 12:39
  2. Hi...and help, 140ps TDI / Black edition with standard twins either side?
    By superjohng in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th February 2011, 11:24
  3. Newbie needs black edition help...
    By webb2507 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th February 2010, 10:40
  4. hello -help with grill selection please
    By v8jas in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd December 2008, 23:29
  5. NEWBIE needing abit of help with 02 TDI130
    By paul_a3_tdi130 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th January 2007, 14:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO