Scottish dealers

max cady

Reaction score
Hi, i am looking to buy a brand new audi s4 avant. Does anyone on here recommend any particular salesmen or garage. Is there a particular salesman/woman you deal with that is good to deal with? I dont particularly like car sales people and in "prestige" garages get the feeling that the sales people are a bit up themselves even though they prob cant afford/ dont have audi's themselves!!
Any contacts would be great
Thanks a million

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you lcated in Scotland. This will help us to give you advise on the audi dealers. :) x

Hi, i am looking to buy a brand new audi s4 avant. Does anyone on here recommend any particular salesmen or garage. Is there a particular salesman/woman you deal with that is good to deal with? I dont particularly like car sales people and in "prestige" garages get the feeling that the sales people are a bit up themselves even though they prob cant afford/ dont have audi's themselves!!
Any contacts would be great
Thanks a million

Stay away from Aberdeen, i've had a few bad experiences in there. These people sometimes need to appreciate they live in a city where peoples salary's are above average and no matter what they look like doesn't prevent them from having the finances to buy Audis.

#Never judge a book by its cover

I've always had a nice reception from Dundee/Perth based garages.

l 5tuy

Have only ever had good positive service from the main Audi garage in Edinburgh. If going there, speak to either Ross or Rory and tell them Mark sent you. They will go to great lengths to get you in the car that you want.

The problem might be in my head but im not good in situations like showrooms etc. I am a lorry driver so travel all over scotland so can buy from anywhere. i went into dundee but the guy just kept askinh my budget every 2 seconds and just gave the impression that he thought i couldnt afford it. i told him ihave saved up and want to buy the car cash and he just kind of snorted an said nobody has the actual cash to but cars outright and i must be getting a bank loan and that he could beat my apr. it was just ahorrible experiance. i popped into aberdeen audi and one of the sales guys who approached me seemed quite nice but he looked a bit sharp and tbh as i said its probably all in my head i just couldnt get out fast enough. I just wondered if anyone had a guy they deal with that is a good guy/girl and i could just contact them by maybe e mail and give them my spec and get it sorted out
cheers

Stay away from Aberdeen, i've had a few bad experiences in there. These people sometimes need to appreciate they live in a city where peoples salary's are above average and no matter what they look like doesn't prevent them from having the finances to buy Audis.

#Never judge a book by its cover

I've always had a nice reception from Dundee/Perth based garages.

l 5tuy

Contrary to this, I went into Aberdeen Audi as a 26 year old in my scruffy jeans and a t-shirt and not long afterwards had a test drive of both an A4 and A5 organised. Top of the line, not poverty spec, with no issues and no feeling of 'can he actually afford this?'.

I dealt with Adam Sinclair and although he wasn't all that great at offering deals, he does actually have an Audi himself (an R8 V8 spyder that is not owned by Audi as he's got his private plate on it and is actually looking to sell it) and is really easy to deal with. Never once asked my budget because I made it clear I knew what I wanted. Once done he worked through various finance options and such like and was very patient with me asking questions and having additional test drives and changing my order every other week.

I was concerned about my snowboard stuff not fitting in the car and he actually went and measured an A4 that was sat in the showroom for me while I was on the phone to him. That's good service in my eyes. :)

In the past when I had my A3 I never had a single issue with them and they even did the trick of looking up my numberplate as I pulled in and greeted me by name a couple times.

Contrary to this, I went into Aberdeen Audi as a 26 year old in my scruffy jeans and a t-shirt and not long afterwards had a test drive of both an A4 and A5 organised. Top of the line, not poverty spec, with no issues and no feeling of 'can he actually afford this?'.

I dealt with Adam Sinclair and although he wasn't all that great at offering deals, he does actually have an Audi himself (an R8 V8 spyder that is not owned by Audi as he's got his private plate on it and is actually looking to sell it) and is really easy to deal with. Never once asked my budget because I made it clear I knew what I wanted. Once done he worked through various finance options and such like and was very patient with me asking questions and having additional test drives and changing my order every other week.

I was concerned about my snowboard stuff not fitting in the car and he actually went and measured an A4 that was sat in the showroom for me while I was on the phone to him. That's good service in my eyes. :)

In the past when I had my A3 I never had a single issue with them and they even did the trick of looking up my numberplate as I pulled in and greeted me by name a couple times.

ok so would you recommend thsi guy to deal with? i might give them a call and see if i can speak to him and see what he can do
He has a R8??? he must sell lots of cars??

ok so would you recommend thsi guy to deal with? i might give them a call and see if i can speak to him and see what he can do
He has a R8??? he must sell lots of cars??

That's what I said to him as well! Haha. He's had it for a year and a half though so it can't be all bad... ;)

I'd recommend trying him and see what you think. He does tend to wear sharp looking suits but I've never worn anything other than jeans and a t-shirt in to meet with him and never felt awkward. His email is adam.sinclair@aberdeen.audi.co.uk and his direct dial is 01224 336860 if you don't fancy going through the main desk. I hope that helps!

I have had 3 new cars from aberdeen audi in the last 6 years and my first i was 23 and they treated me like a normal customer (unlike BMW). I deal with Tony.Bourne@john-clark.co.uk he is really good and bends over backwards to keep you happy.

That's what I said to him as well! Haha. He's had it for a year and a half though so it can't be all bad... ;)

I'd recommend trying him and see what you think. He does tend to wear sharp looking suits but I've never worn anything other than jeans and a t-shirt in to meet with him and never felt awkward. His email is adam.sinclair@aberdeen.audi.co.uk and his direct dial is 01224 336860 if you don't fancy going through the main desk. I hope that helps!

Thank's for that. i didnt know your name so just said my mate told me to call him and he said that he heard he might get a call. seems like a really nice friendly guy im going to see himtomorrow. i told him id be in my work gear though and he just laughed and said not to bothern then cos he only speaks to people in cravats and smoking jackets lol

Thank's for that. i didnt know your name so just said my mate told me to call him and he said that he heard he might get a call. seems like a really nice friendly guy im going to see himtomorrow. i told him id be in my work gear though and he just laughed and said not to bothern then cos he only speaks to people in cravats and smoking jackets lol

Haha, glad to hear it.

Found out a while ago he goes to the same gym as me so you don't have anything to worry about, I've seen that he wears jeans/trackie bottoms outside of work in case you need to blackmail him. ;) Just don't let the suit or size put you off, hes nice and down to earth and gives good advice about the cars, not just what adds to commission.

My name is Dan btw. :)

"
wink.gif
Just don't let the suit or size put you off"

the size of what what me off???
ye he sounds like a nice guy and a good laugh so thts put me at ease abit. appreciate your help with this. i probably sound abit pathetic but im not good in these situations

OMG surely not a car sales man whoactually knows about and enjoys cars. I have come across so many who dont know jack about the cars theya re selling and are only interested in finance, apr, and what they can get out of you. Highland Audi in Inverness are pretty good too.

"
wink.gif
Just don't let the suit or size put you off"

the size of what what me off???
ye he sounds like a nice guy and a good laugh so thts put me at ease abit. appreciate your help with this. i probably sound abit pathetic but im not good in these situations

Haha, yeah I just realised that sounded pretty bad... He's a bit square-shouldered is all. :)

And as riggssuzuki says, it's strange to find car sales people who actually like their cars but we spent a good 15-20 minutes last time just chatting about limited edition R8s and how a boy in Aberdeen has his RS6 mapped to 700+ bhp. :thumbsup:

Haha, yeah I just realised that sounded pretty bad... He's a bit square-shouldered is all. :)

And as riggssuzuki says, it's strange to find car sales people who actually like their cars but we spent a good 15-20 minutes last time just chatting about limited edition R8s and how a boy in Aberdeen has his RS6 mapped to 700+ bhp. :thumbsup:

Is he in his late 20's quite short and muscly and with a tan? this is gonna be embarrasing cos i think it might be the same boy that tried to help me that i done a bolt from!!! he might not recognise me i hope!! maybe not him though as probably a bit young to have a r8

Is he in his late 20's quite short and muscly and with a tan? this is gonna be embarrasing cos i think it might be the same boy that tried to help me that i done a bolt from!!! he might not recognise me i hope!! maybe not him though as probably a bit young to have a r8

Ummm... Could be... Haha.

Can't comment on dealers on the wrong side of the border! but I got my S4 from Wearside Audi and they were very good, the sales woman, Lucy, was very helpful and even seemed to know a bit about the car.

It's funny I had the same situation when I bought my car recently.

I went to Perth and none of the f*****s even looked out the window even when I stood in front of one guy for about 5 minutes.

I then went to Dundee and the guy just annoyed me in two minutes he was a bit stand offish and couldn't really care if I bought a car or not! I then went back to Dundee and got another guy called Colin Letham (0845 370000) he was great and didn't pressurise me into anything. I was asking for quotes for just about everything then ended up with a 4 month old A4 Black edition quattro that had crap reviews on here so he must have done something right :think:

Llooking back I was up speaking to him every week for 4-5 weeks before I decided on the car.

I think it's a hit or a miss as the brother in law won't use Dundee and bought his RS5 from Perth.
But the guy he deals with knows he will be getting a new sale every 2 years and keeps trying to tempt him with an R8 :laugh:

From a personal point I've been impressed by Dundee Audi so far.
I had the car in last week to get the towbar coded and they finished the wiring, coded it then washed and hoovered the car for £50.

I've only heard good things about Stirling! :)

right so i dont even know what i was worriying about. it was actually a great experiance and definetly recommend aberdeen and see the boy Adam he was a great laugh and in spite of him looking like a stock broker in a pin stripe suit and a rolex watch he was really friendly and gave me a brilliant deal. Thanks for you help Daggarit

right so i dont even know what i was worriying about. it was actually a great experiance and definetly recommend aberdeen and see the boy Adam he was a great laugh and in spite of him looking like a stock broker in a pin stripe suit and a rolex watch he was really friendly and gave me a brilliant deal. Thanks for you help Daggarit

No worries mate, I'm glad Adam managed to sort you out and give you a good deal to boot!

Cheers,

Dan

What did you go for in the end.........RS3???

Ignore that comment just read the OP.....Duh!!

Nice one did you go for the black S4 avant they had in stock or a new order

Nice one did you go for the black S4 avant they had in stock or a new order

i ordered a car to be built from factory and put all the options on it and it should be here for end november :) cant really remember everything i put on it but i think iv have took about every option you can get :) the salesman said i will lose alot of money when i sell it as i wont get all my money back but im not bothered cos ive been saving for years and want it to have every option you can get i cant wait to get it now . i got a really good deal though i told him the discount i was getting on the internet (drive the deal) and he said hed match it if i didnt trade in my vectra but i want to trade it in as its easier for me so i just got a huge tradein instead its all the same to me. thanks for all the help

i ordered a car to be built from factory and put all the options on it and it should be here for end november :) cant really remember everything i put on it but i think iv have took about every option you can get :) the salesman said i will lose alot of money when i sell it as i wont get all my money back but im not bothered cos ive been saving for years and want it to have every option you can get i cant wait to get it now . i got a really good deal though i told him the discount i was getting on the internet (drive the deal) and he said hed match it if i didnt trade in my vectra but i want to trade it in as its easier for me so i just got a huge tradein instead its all the same to me. thanks for all the help

Awesome! I look forward to hopefully seeing this specc'd up beast at a meet some time then! :)

no bother as long as i dont embarass yous with more basic cars ay :)

Oh you will, don't worry! You can judge how much you've embarassed me by how long it takes before I call you a w*nker for having a better spec'd car than me! Haha.

Very nice I like that colour. I really like estoril blue on them aswell.

volcano red with brown and black two tone leather. volcano red its the best color they did

Lava grey with black/magma interior is by far the best combo! Brown is not a colour that should grace an S4!!!!

Lava grey with black/magma interior is by far the best combo! Brown is not a colour that should grace an S4!!!!

lava grey is a rubbish color. but it looks brown in the lights in the showroom

Just out of curiosity, who was it you ordered the car with? Was speaking to Adam today and he said you never actually ordered the car in the end with him?