AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

A4 black edition alloy advice needed!

EVening all,

Hope someone can help clear this up for me. I'm very cautious with which alloy cleaner I use, as the black edition alloys are not normal, they are Anthracite high gloss turned finish.

Any advice would be very much welcome about the best alloy cleaner to use.

Cheers all!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    i am waiting for delivery of my new audi a4 black edition, i am opting for a wheel sealant by Gtechniq called C5, this will protect the wheels from all the contaminants from sticking and just allow them to be washed with your normal soapy water.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey,

Thanks! I shall google it and have a read! I use uutoglym wheel cleaner at the moment and honestly it's not great. It's the one thing autoglym disappoint me with, the rest of their products are fantastic

6th Gear

Status
    Wonder Wheels should be alright , i use it on my Dynamik Wheels and its fine,
    Hope this helps
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

1st Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Wonder Wheels should be alright , i use it on my Dynamik Wheels and its fine,
    Hope this helps
    I use bilberry wheel cleaner, awesome stuff and ph neutral. Wonder wheels is, in my opinion, too strong and I wouldn't put it anywhere near my wheels.
    Wheel sealants are good but the don't last forever so you'll still need a decent cleaner to use from time to time. Iron-x is also an excellent product and can also be used on panels to remove contaminants.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

5th Gear

Status
    I use Bilberry as well and it's really good at removing stubborn stuff from your wheels. Smells awesome as well!
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

5th Gear

Status
    i use snowfoam
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Neutral

Status
    wonder wheels is too strong, a decent sealant and wash with shampoo should be all that is needed, if there is stubborn dirt then a bit of ph neutral wheel cleaner, i personally don't like bilbery as this corroded my centre caps on my VXR.

1st Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by rizo9 View Post
    wonder wheels is too strong, a decent sealant and wash with shampoo should be all that is needed, if there is stubborn dirt then a bit of ph neutral wheel cleaner, i personally don't like bilbery as this corroded my centre caps on my VXR.
    I'll keep an eye on mine. I tend to dilute to about 5/6 to 1 and haven't had any problems yet.
    Now on the drive - Lava grey S4 Avant Black edition, ADS, Sports Diff, Magma/black super sports seats etc...

6th Gear

Status
    I have found that bilberry doesnt do much, and have a gallon of the stuff in the shed collecting spider webs.Now Iron-x on the other hand is the best product ive used.Theres a new one that has a tar remover in it which makes it even better.Trouble is it dont half stink.Great on the body work too, gets rid of a lot of iron contamination.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

1st Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by johnnythepie View Post
    I have found that bilberry doesnt do much, and have a gallon of the stuff in the shed collecting spider webs.Now Iron-x on the other hand is the best product ive used.Theres a new one that has a tar remover in it which makes it even better.Trouble is it dont half stink.Great on the body work too, gets rid of a lot of iron contamination.
    Interesting, I love bilberry but then I haven't tried it on really dirty wheels yet.