Bolt Caps on 18" S Line alloys

AshA4

Ash
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Quick Q...
In my hand book is shows how to remove the bolt caps for the alloys bolts with the pin, but the bolt caps I have are not connected to the centre cap at all, they are individual bolt caps????

The wheel brace is not big enough to use to prize them off either, so how the hell do you get at the wheel bolts, only way I can see of getting the caps off is either prizing them off with something which will either damage them (as they are plastic) or the alloy?

Bit daft not to have a tool for this, or if there is it is the only thing missing from my toolkit?

I'm sure that I used to have a small plastic bit either inside the filler cap or in the boot that looked like a set of plastic tweezers, that's what is used to get them off.

Well I def dont have bolt cap removal tool in my tool kit (everything but) so I looked on eBay and they want £3-5 for them....

So I went to Audi to get some screen wash today and got me one of these for..... 86p + VAT

Happy Days :)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!hsE7FPLo)U3BPEwS9!YWQ~~60_35.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!hsE7FPLo)U3BPEwS9!YWQ~~60_35.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 124
I've been having problems with this aswell. In my car there is a hook but the caps don't have a hole for the hook to go in. I damaged my wheel slightly when taking it off so I'll definitely need to get one of those tools.